Why doesn't iPad sync?

Options
brettr
brettr
Community Member

I noticed once again that my iPad has stopped updating from my Macbook. When I try to select the Dropbox vault, I get the error below, which seems to happen all the time:

Vault Mismatch
It appears that the data in the Primary vault is different from the vault you selected in Dropbox. We recommend that you do not merge these vaults.

At this point, 1Password on my iPad is hosed. I have to delete, reinstall, and resync everything. Is there some way to avoid having to do this over and over? My iPhone doesn't ever seem to have this problem. The software is basically unusable on the iPad.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brettr,

I sincerely apologize for the trouble here. You'll be happy to know that our developers have managed to track down and squash the bug that is responsible for disconnecting sync. They've submitted a fix version to the App Store and it will be released to everyone just as soon as it is approved. For now, the next time you see the 'vault mismatch' error, please tap on the 'more info' option. Often this warning is a little bit overly dire. You might find that the difference between your vaults is minimal. If this is the case you can choose to 'Merge these vaults anyway' and 1Password usually does a pretty great job of merging any discrepancies. :) This is a slightly less extreme option than deleting and reinstalling the entire app.

We're all hoping that this update is available soon, but I hope my steps help in the meantime!

This discussion has been closed.