Entering password at app login screen

Options
binarysmurf
binarysmurf
Community Member

Hi peoples :),

I'm a new 1Password user and I'm on a 30 day trial. I'm currently synching my passwords between OS X 10.10 and iOS 8.1 beta via Dropbox and all is good. I have one question though (so far).

I have the iOS Facebook app, which when it launches, takes over the whole screen and presents me with the option to enter username and password. How do I get 1Password to fill in the details in this situation? Is it possible? What I've done is manually entered my username, then swapped out to 1Password, and copied the FB password in my vault to the clipboard then swapped back to FB and pasted in the password.

This worked ok, but seems a little ..clumsy. Am I missing something obvious?

Cheers!

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Not at the moment you aren't, not unless the iOS Facebook app explicitly supports 1Password's extension. While extensions are a pretty good improvement over what there was before, they still require each app to enable each extension they want to work from within their app.

• binarysmurf
    binarysmurf
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect answer sir, thank you. :)

• Hi @binarysmurf,

If you want Facebook devs to add support for 1Password, you can send an email to them and share this page, which would explain everything they need to support the 1Password intergation in the app.

In fact, the integration is designed in a way that other password managers can use it as well, so it is not restricted to 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.