Can't view attachments - iPad Air IOS 8.0.2

Options
randy_va
randy_va
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

Item attachments do not display in 1Password 5 (Pro) on my iPad Air, running IOS 8.0.2. Other Pro features (more categories, multiple vaults, etc.) work fine, but the attachments are not displayed. When selecting the attachment to view, a window with the correct attachment file name appears but this window is blank.

The problem is only with the iPad. Attachments are displayed properly on my iPhone 6 (IOS 8.0.2) and iMac (OSX 10.9.5). Sync is through Dropbox, same vault is used for the iPhone 6, iPad Air and iMac.

I tried the fix suggested near the top of the agilebits support forum, deleting then re-installing the 1Password app directly on the iPad through the App Store. I repeated this procedure, adding a hard reset of the iPad between the delete and re-install of the 1Password app. No luck so far. An email to agilebits support was sent 5 days ago, but I have not heard back from them yet.

Is this a bug only in the iPad version of 1Password 5? Any suggestions while waiting for the Agilebits response?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I'm fairly sure this issue has been fixed in version 5.1, which has been submitted to Apple for approval. We should see the update soon. The update addresses some other matters too.

• randy_va
    randy_va
    Community Member
    Options

hawkmoth - thanks, will look forward to the update.

• Yep, this has been fixed for the 5.1 update which is currently in review at Apple as hawkmoth said.

• randy_va
    randy_va
    Community Member
    Options

Just installed 5.1 update; problem is indeed fixed.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Not fixed for me. I posted a separate question about this in this forum. I see now that it's just my issue.

I'll see what happens when I start fresh from the Mac side, probably later today or early tomorrow. Unless the AgileBits ninjas have a different suggestion.

• randy_va
    randy_va
    Community Member
    Options

@hawkmoth -- I don't know if this would be applicable in your case, but I'll mention it in case it might help. For the last 24 hours I had a problem updating apps in the App Store; none of my apps would update, and I couldn't "buy" or download apps, either. Called AppleCare and eventually was escalated to a senior tech. Short version of long story: after trying multiple fixes including hard resets, reset all settings and power off/on cycles, I eventually had to restore the iPad from a backup. After that, all was well, including the view attachments feature in the 5.1 version of 1Password.

I can't remember if the 1Password problem was fixed with just the 5.1 update, or the 5.1 update plus the backup/restore sequence. I didn't do anything from the Mac side yet, just the IOS side of 1Password.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Just here to report that when i regained access to my Mac, stopped syncing on my iDevices, deleted data and settings on both, removed the Dropbox files, and then opened the desktop version of 1Password 4.4.3 (a new update for me). I chose Dropbox for syncing and let it go for a few minutes. I then opened version 5.1 on my iPad, selected Dropbox as the sync solution and let that run.

I now CAN see my attachments on my iPad! Whew. I have no idea what went wrong, but it's all right now.

Thanks all for bearing with me while I fretted about this.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth,

I'm so glad to hear that resetting sync got things working for you again! I do sincerely apologize for the trouble - I can only imagine how annoying that must have been.

If you have any further questions, you know where to find us!

This discussion has been closed.