1Password keeps loosing sync with Dropbox [A bug with Background Refresh, turn it off for 1Password]

Options
ssplinter
ssplinter
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

Good evening. I'm having a bit of an issue with 1Password.

I have the app for Mac and iOS. I use Dropbox to sync amongst them. Since I've upgraded to iOS 8, I've noticed that whenever I make a change on the Mac side, I get the following message:

"1Password will no longer sync because it cannot read the sync file. Please update sync preferences to start syncing again.
1Password encountered an unexpected problem."

If I make changes in the reverse, from my iPad or iPhone, this issue does not happen.

Setting up the sync always involves going through and merging the data stores. Once I do, everything works until I change something again on the Mac side.

It's getting to be more than a little annoying. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated. If you need me to provide more details, please let me know. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @ssplinter,

Can you disable the background refresh for 1Password in the device's Settings app on the iOS devices and see if it is working better? We have found out that background refresh was doing something unexpected on iOS 8 and that may have been the cause behind this error message.

We've found a workaround and fixed it in the upcoming 5.1 update, which has already been submitted to the App Store, and it is currently being reviewed by Apple. We hope it'll be released soon.

• ssplinter
    ssplinter
    Community Member
    Options

MikeT,

That seems to have fixed it. I'll keep it off until the next update shows up for download. Thank you!

• That's great, I'm glad it helped.

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.