Dropbox sync - is there nothing that will work?

Options
laazyj
laazyj
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

I have tried everything and cannot make dropbox sync work on any of my devices since upgrading to iOS 8 and 1Password 5.
Following all the other threads on this forum I have variously tried:

• Disabling sync on all devices and deleting all data from dropbox
  • The 'Erase all data' advanced option in 1Password
  • Deleting 1password & dropbox apps and reinstalling them
  • Disabling background app refresh on 1Password and/or Dropbox
  • Restarting all devices over & over again
  • Resetting network settings on my iOS devices

It doesn't matter what I try, I cannot get 1Password on either my iPad or iPhone to sync with dropbox. And now I don't even have the older out-of-sync data on them!

I realise that there is a 5.1 update on its way... In the meantime, is there nothing else I can do to get to this working?

Comments

• laazyj
    laazyj
    Community Member
    Options

The problems I have been having have been the same ones reported by others:

• 'Error loading app info: Internet Connection Lost' in Dropbox app
    • 'NSURLErrorDomain' error in 1Password
    • Sync disabled error in 1Password
  • Hi @laazyj,

I'm sorry about what you're going through right now. The errors you're showing looks to be network issues.

Are you using 1Password via a cellular network or a Wi-Fi network? If you're using 1Password or Dropbox on a cellular network, you might have the Use cellular data disabled for both Dropbox and 1Password in the iOS Settings > Cellular.

Try enabling it and see if the sync will then work.

• laazyj
    laazyj
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike - I have the same issues on both Wifi & 4G.

• Hi @laazyj,

I'm sorry to hear about the continued trouble. So we can investigate further, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from one of your iOS devices, along with your forum username, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• laazyj
    laazyj
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jasper. After some more trying (DropBox update that came out yesterday, reboot, disable BG-refresh on 1password, and use 4G not wifi) I managed to get my iPhone syncing again. Not sure which of these things helped, but I'll try on my iPad this evening and send a diag report if I can't get that working.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @laazyj‌

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get your iPhone syncing again! If you have any troubles with your iPad, do send in those Diagnostics Reports so that we can figure out where things are getting tangled up. :)

This discussion has been closed.