Location services? [Due to 1Browser as a web browser that can handle geo-location calls]

Options
hawkmoth
hawkmoth
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

I recently discovered that there are options to use location services or not for 1Password on my iPhone. What purpose would location services serve for the app?

Comments

• Hi @hawkmoth,

None for the core app, it's the 1Browser side that requests it since it is a web browser with support for geo-location that many sites uses.

• Leatherman
    Leatherman
    Community Member
    Options

Can you please assist me with locating where to turn on location services on my iphone 5s? Right now, I cannot find my location in the 1Password Web Browser, and there is nothing in the iphone settings to allow location to be turned on for 1Password. Thanks

• Good morning @Leatherman‌. On your iPhone if you open up the Settings.app and tap on Privacy > Location Services you will see a list of apps that have requested to access your location. If a website that you've viewed in 1Browser within 1Password has requested access to your location then 1Password should appear in that list. Let me know if this helps or if there's anything else we can do for you.

• Leatherman
    Leatherman
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @MrRooni‌ ..
    1Password is not showing in Location Services under Privacy. I have no issues determining my location in the Safari Browser for the same sites. Just in the 1Password Browser.

• Ben
    Options

@Leatherman‌

What version of iOS and what version of 1Password do you have?

• Leatherman
    Leatherman
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

@bwoodruff‌
    iOS 8.1 and 1Password 5.1.1

• Ben
    Options

Thanks. On my iPhone 6 w/ iOS 8.1 & 1Password 5.1.1 I also do not see 1Password listed under location services, and browsing to a website that uses location data (such as Google Maps) does not produce a prompt. I'm going to file a bug with our developers.

ref: OPI-1909

• Leatherman
    Leatherman
    Community Member
    Options

I might add that I am using an iPad 3 (not the Air or Air 2). And I just tried to locate myself on my iPhone 5S in google maps in 1Password Browser and it cannot determine my location. But it works in Safari

• Ben
    Options

I've had a similar experience, @Leatherman. Thanks for the feedback on this issue.

• Leatherman
    Leatherman
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the assistance. I look forward to the bug fix.

• Ben
    Options

You are very welcome.

This discussion has been closed.