Options
2»

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @WillK,

I'm now running Yosemite and 1P5 and Go & Fill is still not working reliably from the 1P program (maybe 20% of my logins work?). The shortcut is working much better but sometimes it does not Go & Fill the first time (comes up empty) and I have to try the login a second time (this happens maybe 5-10% of the time?).

With Chrome 38, there's been a change that can cause 1Password filling to fail when only a single tab is open. Here's an example:

• Open Chrome with just a New Tab page
    • Double-click a Login item from the item list in the main 1Password application
    • A second tab will open in Chrome with the Login item's website page, but the form will not fill

There's also this case:

• Open Chrome and close all windows/tabs, but leave Chrome focused
    • Open 1Password mini using its main menubar icon or keyboard shortcut
    • Select a Login item
    • Nothing happens

Do either of those explain why Go & Fill has been unreliable for you? If it's still for some other reason(s) we'd like to take a look at a Diagnostics Report from your Mac (see post #9) and isolate the cause.

Anyways, I'm a huge 1P fan, it's one of my favorite tools, just trying to give input and help you guys keep making it better:)

We sure appreciate your input and support -- thank you! :)

• WillK
    WillK
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Yes, your first description seems to describe my problem (1P main app does not Go&Fill when only one tab is open in Chrome). I tested several logins from the 1P main app and, interestingly, some worked the first time (Starbucks and AmEx) and some did not (Bank of America and UPS, nothing happened). I also tested some logins with two tabs open in Chrome and performance was much better but still not 100%, so Yosemite still seems a little buggy to me. Thanks for your efforts.

• WillK
    WillK
    Community Member
    Options

Follow up: With two tabs open in Chrome I just tried another login from the 1P main and it did not work: Basecamp. Just trying to give you examples of logins that don't work, maybe that will be helpful for you? Thanks.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

Thanks for the follow ups, @WillK.

Back in post #18 you mentioned:

I'm using the 1P Mini shortcut you suggested (nifty) but 1P is still not auto-filling passwords consistently from the main app (it does some but not others, strange).

Does using Go & Fill from 1Password mini work okay for the same sites that it fails with from the main app, e.g. Basecamp?

It would be great if you can send us a Diagnostics Report to assist with further troubleshooting of this issue. Thanks!

ref: OPX-669

• WillK
    WillK
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi, Go & Fill is still not working from the main app, is this something you're still working on (or user error on my part)? Thanks.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @WillK,

There are still cases when using Go & Fill from the main application will fail to fill in Chrome, like the first I mentioned in post #32. Our developers haven't resolved this yet so it's not user error on your part. :)

When Chrome isn't running, or has a non-empty tab already open in it, then Go & Fill from the main should work properly.

This discussion has been closed.