extension no longer works in safari even though i've enabled it in extension pane

Options
studioconover
studioconover
Community Member

my 1 password extension in Version 7.1 (9537.85.10.17.1) is only going to a page that says" safari cannot open specified page. when my finder asks to chose application (i did) it only opens 1password but does not allow me to use the extension in safari like i've been doing for years. and yes, i've selected "enable" in the extensions pane. and, yes it's a "pane" alright.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It might seem stupid but have you tried a full reboot of your machine since this started?

If that gives you no joy you could try removing the extension and downloading it again which you can do via 1Password Mini - it knows if the active browser has the extension or not and will offer you an option to download the extension if that's the case.

• studioconover
    studioconover
    Community Member
    Options

it's not stupid. thanks for the reply. i did reboot. nuthin. and i tried a re-install. nuthin. and i tried an email to support. twice. nuthin. sheesh. nice agile bits. appreciate it.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any programs you've installed recently? besides the 10.9.5 update that is.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @studioconover‌

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we've been hearing from a lot of users since the launch of 1Password 5 for iOS. And our small team is doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible.

I took a look in our email system and found your email in to our team - and it seems that you've managed to get things working again! I'm so glad to hear that. If you have any further questions or concerns, you know where to find us!

ref: HNZ-14744-395

This discussion has been closed.