Extensions for iPad/iPhone (iOS 8)

Options
Mcinab
Mcinab
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

I'm having issues with certain extensions populating in the wrong text boxes. For instance, when I log into consumersenergy.com, the user name populates in the "search" box on the main screen. In addition to this issue, Im having difficulty with websites that have the userID and password on two separate pages, mainly banking and financial websites, the extension simply does not populate.

Lastly, is there anyway to keep the 1password icon first within the extensions lists? Every time I close out of Safari, it resets to being last. Not sure if this is simply a safari issue or not? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mcinab‌

I'm sorry to hear that the 1Password extension isn't behaving quite properly for you. Do you have access to 1Password on a Mac as well? The reason that I ask this is that the easiest way to fix these misbehaving Logins is to save a new Login manually using the browser extension on a desktop. The desktop browser extension has the ability to save the page's details in a way that will allow 1Password to remember where your details should be filled. (This saving feature is currently not available in the iOS app extension.) Often, the easiest way to fix misbehaving Logins is to Save a New Login Manually.

For instance, when I log into consumersenergy.com, the user name populates in the "search" box on the main screen.

I'm seeing the same thing as you are. I'll pass this information along to our developers to see if we can't improve 1Password's behaviour here in the future.

In addition to this issue, Im having difficulty with websites that have the userID and password on two separate pages, mainly banking and financial websites, the extension simply does not populate.

I'll be able to answer this better if you provide me with the URLs of the sites that are giving you trouble so that we can do some testing on our end, but the general answer is this:

• Some sites (particularly banks) might have mobile versions. If the mobile URL is different than the desktop URL that you have saved in 1Password, the extension won't match the two URLs and it won't show you the Login. If the site you are visiting does have a mobile version, please make sure you copy the URL for the mobile site and store it in your 1Password entry. This should ensure that the extension shows the correct Login for the site.
    • Our general policy for two-page sites is to save a separate entry for each page. Please take a look through our Mac guide here: Creating a multi-page Login and see if it helps you out.

Lastly, is there anyway to keep the 1password icon first within the extensions lists? Every time I close out of Safari, it resets to being last. Not sure if this is simply a safari issue or not?

This seems to be an iOS issue. We're hoping that it gets resolved soon - I'd love to have 1Password more easily accessible in that list too! :)

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any more questions!

• Mcinab
    Mcinab
    Community Member
    Options

I do have 1Password for Mac and will give the manual log-in a try.

As far as the finacial sites, I am having issues with: americanfunds.com and pnc.com, which I have no issues populating log-in info while using 1Pass with Mac, but on the mobile version and I am making sure that I am not using the mobile sites for each.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mcinab,

Thanks for sending along those URLs. I manually created a new Login for the first page of these sites on my Mac, using the instructions that I linked to above. To test them out, I opened the entry in 1Password, then pressed (long-tap) on the URL to bring up the menu. I selected 'Open in Safari'.

Here's what I'm seeing:

www.americanfunds.com

• Opening this on an iOS device defaults to the mobile site.
    • Using the mobile site, I opened the 1Password extension, selected my 'AmericanFunds' Login, and 1Password filled.
    • I selected the option to view the full site, and 1Password was still able to fill my details.

www.pnc.com

• This site defaults to a mobile-friendly browser as well. You are able to select 'Sign on to Mobile Banking' or 'Sign on to Online Banking.'
    • When I select 'Sign on to Mobile Banking', 1Password is able to fill my details
    • When I select 'Sign on to Online Banking' (and view the full site), 1Password does not fill my details

For PNC, it appears that the behaviour could be improved for the full site, so I'll be happy to pass that along to our developers. For the mobile versions of the site though, 1Password should be able to fill your details correctly. If you're still having difficulty, please try manually saving a Login as in my instructions above - that should help 1Password learn the fields a bit better.

To ensure that 1Password finds both these Logins for you, even if you're viewing the mobile versions of the site, you might want to add the mobile URLs to your existing entries after re-saving them.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns! :)

• Mcinab
    Mcinab
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan, thanks for all your help.

For some reason, I have tried the steps above and I'm still unable to get the fields to populate whether I'm on my iPad or iPhone, I'm not quite sure what I am doing wrong. When I click the extension within Safari, nothing populates. I have added the mobile versions for each.

For example, I am also having issues on: https://www-us.computershare.com/Investor/ which is a similar multi-log in site like PNC and AmericanFunds. Please let me know what I may be doing wrong and thanks for all your help thus far!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mcinab,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having difficulty here. I just want to confirm a few things. The steps that I provided above should be working to fill the first page of these sites, I'm unable to test the second pages because I don't have a proper account with the sites.

Could you please provide a bit more detail about the steps that you are taking here? I just want to be sure we're not missing something obvious. If you let me know each tap you make in your journey to fill these sites, I can better try to re-create your steps. :)

• Mcinab
    Mcinab
    Community Member
    Options

Megan,

I have created manual logins for all the aforementioned sites and they work seamlessly while on my Mac, but on my iPad, I cannot get the user name or password fields to populate, they seem to work fine on sites with both user name and password fields on the same page, however I just get blank entires on sites with 2 page logins. I also get this when I try to open the site within the 1Pass app by holding the link and clicking "open in Safari". I wish I could I provide more detail but I simply cannot get either field to populate when on my iPad/iPhone. Thanks again!

• Hi @Mcinab,

What about using our 1Browser in 1Password, does it fill the data in there?

I also get this when I try to open the site within the 1Pass app by holding the link and clicking "open in Safari"

I apologize for the confusion but doing this does not do any filling. Open in Safari just means that, open the website in Safari but that's it. Due to how extensions work in Mobile Safari, you must explicitly tap on the Share button before tapping on the 1Password icon to get it to fill. Apple does not allow extensions to run on its own or get called from other apps, it is always invoked by users manually.

• Mcinab
    Mcinab
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it does seem to work within the browser for 1password, but not Safari.

This discussion has been closed.