Safari on iOS not filling in password

Options
dkelley227
dkelley227
Community Member

I am running iOS 8.0.2 on an iPhone 5S with the latest version of 1Password 5.1. When I go to the Web site (blackboard.oberlin.edu) in Safari on the iPhone and tap the 1Password icon from the Share menu, it takes me to 1Password where the site is available, but when I tap the icon in 1Password, it doesn't fill in the username and password. It did fill in the data previously. I have changed nothing that I know of. Have tried shutting down and restarting the phone.

Comments

• Ben
    Options
  • dkelley227
    dkelley227
    Community Member
    Options

No it doesn't, but other sites I've tried do so.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks. Do you have 1Password on your Mac or Windows PC as well, or just on iOS?

• Gene Fiorina
    Gene Fiorina
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue with multiple sites. Ruining 5.1 on an iPad Air with iOS 8.0.2. The user names and passwords not being auto filled in safari. The prefill works fine in the 1PW browser but not safari. Example sites are http://www.ezcardinfo.com and http://www.bankofamerica.com.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Gene,

Are you able to see and select Login items for those sites using the 1Password Extension in Safari on your iPad Air?

• Nick323
    Nick323
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I am actually having the same problem. It does work in the 1PW Browser but in not in Safari. So far it isn't work on Bank of America. I did notice it not working on something else, merchants info I believe. It did work at some point though not sure what broke it. It is showing the login items and you select it but it does nothing. The same ones work on Mac and Windows however.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Nick323,

Could you please describe the steps that you are taking to fill your Bank of America login in mobile Safari? We have a few people here who have an account with Bank of America, and they report that should work just fine in Safari.

If you let us know exactly what you're doing and where things are getting tangled up, we'll be more likely to reproduce the issue.

Thanks for your help!

• Nick323
    Nick323
    Community Member
    Options

Sure. I just open Safari and go to www.bankofamerica.com. Once the site loads I just click on square with the arrow pointing up (share icon I believe). Select 1Password and then put in my passcode and select my bank of America login. When I do this it does not fill out anything on the page. Again this is in iOS. In Safari on OSX it works fine.

As a side note no matter how many times I rearrange the icons to put 1Password all the way to the left in the Safari plugin section on iOS it always moves back to the right. Any idea if this is going to be fixed? Not sure it is really an issue with 1Password or just Safari in iOS.

• halberstadt
    halberstadt
    Community Member
    Options

Similar problem. 1P works OK on my MacBook Pro (OSX 10.9.5), but in Safari on my iPhone 4s (iOS 8.0.2) it works for only 1 of 5 different sites I use regularly (all financial sites, and the same ones that work on the MacBook). I use Dropbox for sync. I can use copy/paste, but (except for one site) just tapping the (correctly displayed) entry name just returns to the site, with no filling in of username or password.

• junkleeeenmi
    junkleeeenmi
    Community Member
    Options

I am having a similar problem with multi-page logins on all of my iOS devices while using 1P version 5. The multi-page logins work perfectly on both Windows and Mac desktops. On the iOS devices, however, when using the same logins that work perfectly on the desktops, the first page login works, but the second-page login does not. When I select the 1P login for the second page, NOTHING happens—it’s as if I didn’t select the login at all. Nothing is entered in the password box. The page remains static.

The problem occurs with both the Safari and 1P browsers.

The problem occurs on multiple sites that use multi-page login.

I have tried “relearning” the logins for the second page on the iOS devices, but it made no difference.

Is 1P version 5 not capable of doing a multi-page login on an iOS device? If it is supposed to be working, I could use some help troubleshooting the problem.

Thanks for your time.

• Nick323
    Nick323
    Community Member
    Options

Just so the point does not get lost, I have issues on more than just multi page logins.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @halberstadt‌, @junkleeeenmi‌ and @Nick323,

I do apologize that 1Password isn't filling perfectly for you right now. At this time, the best solution is to Save a New Login Manually if you have access to 1Password for Mac. We're working on making this process easier iOS, and on building even better filling skills for our brand-new iOS app extension.

For multi-page Logins in particular, please be sure that the site's second page is also saved as a secondary website within the entry. This could help to improve things!

This discussion has been closed.