Conflicted contents.js

Options
sevendotzero
sevendotzero
Community Member

Hi. I've set up a smart search to show conflicts and it has two entries which do not have the conflict field present. Any thoughts?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Anything stored in the notes section at all? That's one place they used to use before customisable sections made them a nice place to put conflicts.

Is your smart search as simple as Search all items for Conflict fields are present?

• sevendotzero
    sevendotzero
    Community Member
    Options

I don't have anything in the notes fields for the two entries. And yes Search all items for Conflict fields are present.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Odd to say the least. Okay, grasping at straws but if you go edit the item in question does it seem like you have an empty conflict section? You can delete an entire section using the little red circle icon to the left of the section name when in edit mode.

• sevendotzero
    sevendotzero
    Community Member
    Options

I thought about that and no under edit there is no mention of conflicts. I've just created a duplicate entry for one of the 'rogue' conflicts and of course that one doesn't show up in the search!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Curious, hopefully somebody else can offer a suggestion or two as to why it's happening.

• sevendotzero
    sevendotzero
    Community Member
    Options

Appreciate your suggestions.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @sevendotzero‌

I'm not entirely sure what would cause that but you mentioned when creating a duplicate item the duplicate does not have the conflict status. Perhaps a solution would be to duplicate the items in question and delete the originals?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sevendotzero‌

Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. I'll admit, I'm just as baffled as @littlebobbytables‌ is here. I've got one more long-shot to check here. When you duplicate an entry, it duplicates all the details except for the password history and the attachments. Is there anything odd in the password history of these two items? (That would explain to me why the duplicated entry doesn't show up in the smart folder.)

• sevendotzero
    sevendotzero
    Community Member
    Options

To be clear, when I mentioned creating a duplicate, I meant I had created a new entry from scratch with the same details. Sorry for the confusion.

If I use the duplicate function in 1Password, the new entry also shows up in the conflicts smart folder.

And the password history looks normal in the conflict entries.

I have now resolved the problem by creating new entries from scratch and deleting the entries that showed up as conflicts.

• Sounds like a good workaround @sevendotzero‌. As my colleagues have also mentioned for themselves, I'm baffled as to the reason, as well. If it happens again, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.