Cannot Sync iPhone and Mac

Options
dleibow
dleibow
Community Member

versions: Mac 4.4.3 iPhone 5.1 Pro
I am trying to get them to sync with iCloud. I could not get them to find each other over WiFi, even though they are both connected to the same WiFi network. With iCloud the iPhone will say it is syncing, but then nothing comes across. Help!

Comments

• ssf65000
    ssf65000
    Community Member
    Options

Confirming
    Same problem with Wifi here
    My equipment:
    iPhone 5s , iOS 8.0.2. 1Password v5.1
    Mac mini, OS X 10.8.5, 1 Password 4.4.3
    MacBook pro, OS X 10.9.5, 1 Password 4.4.3

Please help

• makesbelieve
    makesbelieve
    Community Member
    Options

Also trying to Sync over Wifi but the iOS version can't find the desktop version even though they're sharing the same Wifi:

MacBook Pro
    OSX 10.9.5
    1Password v4.4.2 (442010)

iPhone 5
    iOS 8.0.2
    1Password v5.1

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ssf65000‌ & @makesbelieve‌ I've asked what happens if you reboot both your mac and your iOS device in this thread.

@dleibow‌ iCloud syncing won't work right now between mac and iOS devices if the iOS device is running 1Password 5 for iOS. It's due to the changeover to CloudKit which is Apple's new synching solution going forward with iOS 8 and Yosemite (yet to be released). Once Yosemite is released, AgileBits can release 1Password 5 for Mac and then iCloud synching will work again.

Saying that, I've read elsewhere here (@sjk) that CloudKit is MAS only now? seems Apple have followed through with their promise/threat to have iCloud syncing be solely for apps from their store (if correct).

• ssf65000
    ssf65000
    Community Member
    Options

WiFi sync works for me again after restarting my iPhone. (did not restart mac)

• Ben
    Options

Thanks again for the update @ssf65000‌

• dleibow
    dleibow
    Community Member
    Options

littlebobbytables
    Thanks. Does this mean that we will not be able to use iCloud to sync once cloudkit comes in? What if I purchased 1Password from the Apple App store?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I was assuming you had purchased 1Password 4 for Mac directly from AgileBits given you stated you were running 4.4.3. If my understanding is correct then yeah, even once 1Password 5 for Mac is released, if you purchased it from AgileBits it won't be enough if I've understood correctly. Now of course a copy from the Mac App Store would work in that instance. I'd wait for confirmation from somebody at AgileBits though but this is from their guide

What are the requirements to use the new iCloud?

iOS devices:

• iPhone 4s or newer, iPad 2 or newer
    • iOS 8
    • 1Password 5 for iOS

Macs:

• OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) not yet released
    • 1Password 5 for Mac from the Mac App Store

It seems pretty concrete.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dleibow‌

As @littlebobbytables‌ says, iCloud sync in Yosemite with 1Password 5 for Mac will require that you use the Mac App Store version of 1Password. If you've purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, you're good to go.

Once OS X 10.10 Yosemite is released, we'll post the update to 1Password that takes advantage of the new iCloud sync, and you will be able to resume syncing with iCloud between your Mac and iOS devices.

While we wait for Yosemite to be released, we recommend using Dropbox or Wi-Fi to keep your data synced between devices.

This discussion has been closed.