If I purchased from Mac App Store, can i get a license from your website? [Yes, contact us]

Options
Bickity
Bickity
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

Hello, I have purchased 1Password through the Mac App Store for my personal computer and would love to use it on my work computer. Unfortunately my company does not allow us to access the Mac App Store on our work machines so I have downloaded it from your site but I need my license info. Any way I can get my license file off my personal computer?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Unfortunately it (MAS) doesn't work like that. When developers use the MAS as a route they have to remove any licensing code from their product and use Apple's solution. Your copy at home doesn't have a licence in that sense.

Saying that, what you might find is somebody from AgileBits may be able to help you out, they're pretty accommodating from what I've witnessed.

If you were looking at just requiring read only access to your personal vault at work and you were happy to use Dropbox for syncing, then there is the possibility of 1PasswordAnywhere as an alternative solution.

• Bickity
    Bickity
    Community Member
    Options

For anyone with the same issue, I figured out my issue. I simply copied the app from my home machine and copied it to my work machine. On launch it asked me to authenticate app through Mac App Store and then worked great. Easy way to get around companies that don't want 3rd party software running on work machines.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bickity‌

I'm so glad to hear that you found a solution - thanks for letting us know!

For any other users who do find themselves in a similar situation, please send your Mac App Store receipt in to our team at support@agilebits.com with a description of the issue and we'll do what we can to help out. :)

• Bickity
    Bickity
    Community Member
    Options

Megan, I am having one little issue. 1Password Mini doesn't not auto-launch on system restart, even though the "Always keep 1Password mini running" is checked. I am sure I could find a workaround and put the Mini into my system Login In items but was wondering if you had a better solution.

• Hi @Bickity‌,

Can you tell me which version of OS X you're using and if you're running 1Password on the primary drive? OS X often doesn't like running MAS apps from secondary drives and this is one of the side effects, they don't get launched after reboots.

• Bickity
    Bickity
    Community Member
    Options

Mike, I am running 10.9.5 and I don't use external drives.

• Bickity
    Bickity
    Community Member
    Options

I case anyone is following this discussion, my problem was resolved by emptying my trash and restarting. It must have been reading old 1Password files that were in the trash.

• Hi @Bickity‌,

I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I'm glad you got it resolved.

OS X isn't supposed to let you run files from the Trash, it's a security issue. We have a radar with Apple to have this fixed hopefully soon.

This discussion has been closed.