1Password doesn't fill in the customer name on Dynect.net

Options
markjreed
markjreed
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I have a Dyn DNS account at https://manage.dynect.net. As you can see, the login form has three fields: customer name, username, password. 1Password for Safari autosaved all three values for me (the customer name is saved as "customer", which matches the name attribute on the HTML input element), but never fills the customer value in. Every time I try to fill and submit, it fills in the username and password, but leaves the customer name blank.

On my iPhone, 1Password correctly fills in the customer name, so the data in iCloud is correct, but the Mac version is not doing the right thing with it for some reason.

I'm currently using the Mac App Store 4.4.2 version of 1Password with Safari 7.1 and version 4.2.2 of the iPassword extension on OS X 10.9.5. I saw the same behavior with version 4.4.1 of the app and 4.2.4 of the extension. (For some reason, when I removed and reinstalled the extension while troubleshooting this issue, I got an older version..)

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Instead of letting the extension autosave, populate all three fields and then perform a manual save - see if that makes a difference (save as a new login though that way your old copy is untouched). The data that 1Password uses to fill in the fields is that stored in the web form details rather than all the visible fields we add stuff to. You should hopefully find it works and then you can safely delete the old non-working one.

• Hi @markjreed‌,

Can you tell me how long ago was the current Login item saved by the extension and if saving a new Login manually fixes the problem?

I just did an auto-save on Dyns and it filled in all three in Safari for me. I tested with Safari 7.1 on Mavericks running 1Password extension 4.2.4.

This discussion has been closed.