1Password Mini rejects master password

Options
Polimon
Polimon
Community Member

1Password Mini, that lives in my Mac's menu bar, has started rejecting my master password, but only when typed from the keyboard. It accepts the same password when copied & pasted. I checked for keyboard errors by launching the full 1Password app and inputting the master password from keyboard, and it works fine. So far as I can tell by repeated tests, this is not a typo issue.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Now that's odd behaviour.

Does it continue to exhibit the same quirkiness if you quit and restart 1Password and 1Password Mini (⌃⌘Q when 1Password is the active application) or after a full reboot?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Polimon,

That is an odd issue, please let me know if you're still seeing this after restarting 1Password Mini and your computer.

• Polimon
    Polimon
    Community Member
    Options

Problem seems to have gone away. Thank you.

• Hi @Polimon‌,

Thanks for letting us know. It sounds like OS X was running a different version of 1Password mini that doesn't match your main 1Password app. A reboot would often fix this.

I'd suggest emptying your trash as it might have that wrong version in there. Once you do, you might want to do one more reboot just to make sure it's all good.

This discussion has been closed.