2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper issue [Resolved]

Options
Chris Schuyler
Chris Schuyler
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

Reading some of the forums, I see where many claim this problem is fixed, but every single time I reboot or start my iMac, I go through about 50 notices for this issue, and then it just quits sending the notices. I have deleted 1Password4 and reloaded it numerous times and still get the problem, but I don't know how to clear it from my library so the problem probably never leaves when I delete the program.

I send the email from the popup warning to agilebits about 20 times every time I restart my computer, but no one ever responds, so not to impressed with customer support. This is very annoying and has tainted my view of 1Password (and I also have the family pak), so if someone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Can you go into a little more detail as to what's happening please.

• Chris Schuyler
    Chris Schuyler
    Community Member
    Options

Every time I start or reboot my iMac, as soon as I use or open 1Password4, a warning message starts popping up about every 5 minutes for several hours stating this thread title. The warning popup is "packaged" in a box to send an email to agile bits with the details of the error. I send the report to agile bit but they never respond. I've never really counted, but after about 20 to 30 of these popup error notices, they just stop coming. I don't think that my 1Password is not working correctly, it just seems to be this helper add-in. This happens on both my iMac and my MacAir. Any help is appreciated.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Okay, just before I start writing all sorts of step, can you confirm that you purchased this copy direct from AgileBits and not the Mac App Store. The reason is they store their stuff in different places and I don't want to send you off looking in the wrong place.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Chris Schuyler‌ ,

First of all, I just want to apologize for the delay in responding to you here. We've been hearing from a lot of users since the launch of 1Password 5 for iOS, and our small team is doing the best we can to ensure that all users are helped just as soon as possible. It sounds to me like you've been sending in crash reports - which are very useful for our developers in determining when and where things are going wrong. Because these emails go directly to our developers, and are intentionally anonymized, you won't see a response when you send in a crash report.

If it seems like 1Password Mini is the misbehaving party here, let's try restarting to see if that gets things behaving better:

• Open 1Password.
    • Click the 1Password menu, hold down the Control key, and select Quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Restart the Mac.
    • Relaunch 1Password.

Of course, if you're still seeing the same issue, please let me know and we'll investigate further!

• Chris Schuyler
    Chris Schuyler
    Community Member
    Options

Littlebobby, sorry it took so long to get back. Bought it directly from Agilebits. I just tried Megans recommendation and waiting to see if resolved the problem. I'll post back if still sending the error report.

• Chris Schuyler
    Chris Schuyler
    Community Member
    Options

Problem still exists. I tried your steps Megan, but problem still persists. Need more help please.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Chris Schuyler

Thanks for trying! Let's take a closer look at your system to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Chris Schuyler
    Chris Schuyler
    Community Member
    Options

Littlebobby, any ideas how to get rid of this problem? Purchased directly from AgileBits as Family Pac. Also have an iOS version on my iPhone.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Chris Schuyler‌ Hey there. Sorry, it's been a couple of hectic days for me.

You've got two options at the moment. Megan mentioned sending in a diagnostic report direct to AgileBits, the hope there is they can tell what's happening and why (with hopefully an elegant solution). My suggestion was going to be slightly more nuclear. I was going to set out a series of steps to ensure your data was safe and then to completely wipe 1Passoword from your system. I'm off tomorrow so I will actually get the time to do this for you if that's what you'd like to do. If that's what you'd like just a quick post here and then I'll get to that on the Sun for you.

Sorry for the delay in replying!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi Chris,

We've received your email with the report; thanks for sending that in.

Please try disabling (or removing) VirusBarrier, restarting your Mac, and let us know if that resolves the trouble you've been having with 1Password. Thanks!

ref: RNH-25438-631

• Chris Schuyler
    Chris Schuyler
    Community Member
    Options

I can't find Virus Barrier on my computer, so littlebobby, I"m ready to try to completely remove 1Password and re-add it to hopefully avoid that issue.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

@Chris Schuyler

I'm surprised sjk would suggest removing a program that wasn't there. Just as a quick sanity check it might be worth launching Activity Monitor (Applications/Utilities) and seeing if you have any processes possibly titled virus barrier (that would indicate you've maybe had the program at some point and is still present). If you do here is a link to the uninstall process.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Chris,

Look like it's NetBarrier, not VirusBarrier, that you might want to try disabling (or removing). Sorry for any confusion about that.

Before fully resetting 1Password there are some other things that might fix the problem. We'll continue troubleshooting this through email, where Steve already sent you a reply, so we're not getting things mixed up between here and there.

• Chris Schuyler
    Chris Schuyler
    Community Member
    Options

I didn't have NetBarrier activated, however the updates seem to have solved the issue. Thanks. Good update.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Chris Schuyler

Thanks so much for letting us know that you're all sorted out! I'm glad to hear that the updates got things behaving properly.

Since this issue is resolved, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.