My Mac computers stopped syncing using iCloud and OS 10.9.5

Options
lizardtravel
lizardtravel
Community Member

I have a MacPro and a MacBook Pro. I updated both to Mavericks 10.9.5

Now they will not Sync using iCloud.

Does anyone know if there is a fundamental problem here, or how to fix it?

Help!!!

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Updating to 10.9.5 shouldn't have affected iCloud. Now if you'd said you'd had an iOS device that is running iOS 8 that could explain what you're seeing. When configuring an iOS 8 device you're offered the choice of updating to iCloud Drive, iCloud's successor essentially. Only problem is the only iCloud Drive aware OSes are iOS 8 and the yet to be released Yosemite. Upgrading basically stops any mac not running a Yosemite beta from accessing iCloud.

What updating to 10.9.5 would have done is disable any Safari extensions but that obviously wouldn't have an impact on iCloud sync.

If you can report back confirming your entire 1Password setup (machines/devices & versions) somebody might be able to come up with more directed suggestions.

• lizardtravel
    lizardtravel
    Community Member
    Options

This has nothing to do with extensions (they are all enabled) and it has nothing to do with mobile devices.

As I said in my original posting, I am talking about a MacPro (latest model) and a MacBook Pro 15 inch (latest model) both running 10.9.5 and 1Password 4.4.2.

Both computers have iCloud enabled, they both have the "Documents and Data" box checked, they both show 1Password Mini inside "Documents and Data" and they both show that syncing has happened with iCloud when looking at the 1Password Preferences. In other words, the 1Password Preferences will say things like "last synced 2 minutes ago", etc.

BUT: The two computers simply will not sync using iCloud.

I have contacted Agilebits support. They told me to un-sync, re-start the computers, re-enable sync in one, wait 20 minutes and then re-enable the second machine. I have done this 3 times and it does not work.

Does someone have a suggestion?

• Ben
    Options

@lizardtravel‌

I'd recommend continuing to work with our technical gurus via email. They will best be able to help you.

This discussion has been closed.