MBP and iMac via Dropbox Sync [Resolved]

Options
magicstick
magicstick
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

Hello. I am having issues syncing my existing vault on my MacBook Pro to my new iMac.

I have been syncing my MBP with my iPhone and iPad successfully however when I go to sync my iMac via dropbox I get a 'Merge Vaults' message. Then it appears I only get any 'new' additions to the vault on my iMac and not the already existing items.

Can someone explain how I can fix this please?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

What steps did you go through when you were setting up your new iMac, did you following something like this? If you didn't, and Dropbox or your MacBook Pro definitely have a correct and up-to-date vault you could wipe 1Password on your iMac and start over again and then follow the guide in that first link.

So you've got two links to parts of their guide there, one for how to set up a fresh copy of 1Password with an existing vault, the other for how to wipe 1Password so it's like a fresh copy.

• magicstick
    magicstick
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks littlebobbytables. The second option worked for me. Appreciate the time you took to respond.

Happy customer.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @magicstick‌

I'm so glad that @littlebobbytables‌ was able to help get things working for you!

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.