1 password button does not appear on App screen

Options
Watkins
Watkins
Community Member

Using Safari, 1 Password successfully completes the detail to log on. No issue here!

When I wish for 1 Password to fill in App login details, say for Linkedin, the 1Password button does not reflect on the screen as per the guidelines under the Heading of "Use the extension in another app"

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Watkins‌

Apps have to add support for 1Password before we can fill passwords in them. If you contact an app developer to request 1Password support you can send them this link which contains all the necessary details:

Thanks!

Ben

• Watkins
    Watkins
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Ben for your reply. I however tried all my apps including Evernote; Dropbox; Flipboard; Pocket to name but a few, non of which reflect the 1Password button on the app. One would have expected that these apps would already moved to 1Password support, or am I too presumptious? Is there perhaps something else amiss? Thank you

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Watkins,

I really wish some of those apps, Evernote in particular, had already enabled 1Password support ...but they haven't (yet). As Ben suggested above, you're welcome to write a note to your favourite developers and ask them to consider adding 1Password support - as with all features, the squeaky wheel often gets the grease, so the more users who request 1Password support, the more likely developers will be to implement it!

In the meantime, have a look at our Apps that Love 1Password page for some awesome apps that have implemented 1Password support.

• Watkins
    Watkins
    Community Member
    Options

Dear Megan,
    Thank you for the advice. Will most certainly do so.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Watkins,

Happy to help! We're here for you if you have any other questions or concerns. :)

• mrgrimm
    mrgrimm
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I'm having this issue with Chrome. No 1Password icon appears in any setting. Nor does it appear in control center when trying to log into any apps. I'm probably just missing where to enable the extension...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mrgrimm,

As I've mentioned above, each individual app must add the 1Password extension in order for it to be available to you. We've heard from a lot of users who would love to see the 1Password extension in Chrome, and there is an open feature request asking Google to add support.

Please see the Apps that Love 1Password section in our blog to see some awesome apps that have enabled 1Password support. :)

This discussion has been closed.