1P doesn't sign into discussions.agilebits.com?

Options
365nice
365nice
Community Member

I just noticed that 1P wont let me log into this forum? I just updated to the latest version - and it still doesn't work... which is a bit embarrassing?

I did think maybe there had been some sync issue - so I reset my password and generated a new one (saved it in 1P) - signed out and then tried to sign back in and it doesn't work. If I flip to 1P osx, and then copy the password and then paste it into the login window on this site - it then works (and it looks like cmd+\ is entering a smaller password, as when I paste it in, I see an extra dot appear in the password field).

It could be user error - but I've not noticed other sites having this error with my same usage pattern?

Tim

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Tim ( @365nice‌ ),

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password is giving you trouble right now. Please try Saving a New Login Manually. These steps will allow 1Password to re-learn the fields that it needs to save here. I've used 1Password frequently to sign into the forums, so I know that it should be working. ;)

Of course, if saving a new Login doesn't get you back up and running, please let me know and we'll investigate further.

• 365nice
    365nice
    Community Member
    Options

Re-saving it did correct the problem. Its the first time i've noticed that happen - a bit worrying as it strikes me there is a bug somewhere (the only noticeable difference when I resaved it was the url had a trailing / - the password looked exactly the same).

Tim

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Tim ( @365nice‌ ),

I wouldn't be too concerned about this. Often websites might make small changes to the backend of their website that are not visible to the user, but can serve to trip 1Password up. Re-saving a Login gives 1Password an updated version of the fields that it needs to fill. I'm fairly certain that is what happened here.

Manually saving a Login is our first step in troubleshooting whenever a Login starts to misbehave.

Of course, if you notice anything else odd about 1Password, please let us know and we'll investigate further. :)

This discussion has been closed.