Keyboard covers fields while editing

Options
Tabaluga
Tabaluga
Community Member

Hi,

I recently discovered a problem in the UI of 1Password on iOS.

I tried to edit a login and wanted to enter some info in the note-field. But there is a problem, the lower fields of the entry are not reachable because they are coverd by the keyboard and it is not possible to scroll down because of the "rubber-band-effect". I don't know how to describe that effect, but I think you know what I mean.

I'm using the standard keyboard.

Cheers!

Comments

• humann
    humann
    Community Member
    Options

this is only really annoying when I'm trying to enter notes or something else that's further down the login's entry page within 1Password. I can scroll down to see things when the keyboard is hidden but I'm unable to scroll down and enter or change anything. Something similar happens in the 1Password browser on pages like this one where I'm unable to shrink the page to see the entire box I'm entering this text into right now. any attempt to pinch it smaller just bounces back to huge. odd.

• Ben
    Options

Hi there,

It would be helpful if you could please let us know:

• What device and generation this is happening on (e.x. iPhone 6 Plus)
    • Which version of iOS you have installed
    • Which version of 1Password for iOS you have installed
    • What orientation you are holding the device in when this occurs

Thanks!

• Tabaluga
    Tabaluga
    Community Member
    Options

iPhone 6 normal
    iOS 8.0.2
    1Password 5.1
    Vertical orientation

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @Tabaluga‌

@humann‌ I merged your thread with another on a similar issue. Could you please let me know the answers to the questions in post #3?

• humann
    humann
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

hi bwoodruff, I'm same as Tabaluga except it's a 6+. latest everything and in portrait orientation. just went back and checked and don't see a landscape orientation anywhere but the 1Browser in the 1Password app.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bwoodruff‌

I find I can reproduce what Tabaluga and humann are reporting with the following steps.

1. Edit a login, at this point the iOS keyboard won't be visible - don't scroll down.
    2. Tap any field to bring up the iOS keyboard, a section name seems to highlight the issue better as it will bring up the predictive options which consume more space vertical space.
    3. Scroll down as far as you can.

For me, on an iPhone 5 running iOS 8.0.2, the tags field is the last visible section, with notes, Saved form details and Delete Login hidden by the keyboard. If you turn off the Predictive bar the notes field is somewhat visible but just. If you don't access any field (so the keyboard isn't brought up) then scrolling down shows you all the expected parts of the form.

• humann
    humann
    Community Member
    Options

PS: I don't really mind waiting a bit for this bug to be fixed because 1Password really makes my internet participation so much more easy to secure. Can't imagine living without it at this point. If there were desert islands with internet access it would be at the top of my list to bring along. So kudos to the team and when you get around to it, either supporting Apple's Dynamic Type or figuring out some other way to make these new larger screens fit more data in another way will be equally welcomed here ;-)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @Tabaluga‌ and @humann,

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention! This is a known issue that our developers are working to solve already. I've added the details you've provided to the issue in our internal tracker, we'll do what we can to have this working properly for you just as soon as possible!

Also, @humann, thanks so much for the kind words and your patience :)

ref: OPI-1817

This discussion has been closed.