1Password4 does not store passwords automatically nor retrieve them when manually input

Options
lyndouglas
lyndouglas
Community Member

I purchased and installed 1Password3 on 27/06/2014 and updated to 1Password4 last week on my IMac. Previously it worked but now I neither can automatically open any login that I have manually installed. Nor will it prompt me to put a login into 1Password4 when I open a new site and login.
What have I changed or missed. I checked in Applications and have only the 1Password4 App
Douglas

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If I had to hazard a guess I'd say it's all to do with extensions. What you probably need to do is remove any 1Password extensions in your favourite browser(s) and then install a fresh copy of the extension for 1Password 4 (the two versions use different extensions). I suspect if you do that it'll all work out :smile: With your browser active, you can reach the right place to obtain the extension by opening up 1Password Mini (the little key icon in your menu bar). The top option should be Add XXXX Extension... if 1Password Mini believes the extension for that browser isn't currently installed. Just remember to remove the old ones first.

• Lane Good
    Lane Good
    Community Member
    Options

I have removed old and updated to new extensions on all desktop browsers. Using paid version on IOS 8.0.2.

EXTREMELY unwieldy. I have to jump back and for between login screens or login a site via the 1password app. Yuck. Too difficult. Simplify it!

• Lane Good
    Lane Good
    Community Member
    Options

I have to jump back and forth between login screens and 1Password app or login directly through 1Password app. No keychain help from site login screens. Too difficult to use.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Have you read about how to use the extension so you can log in directly from Safari? Check it out here, if not.

• Ben
    Options

Lane,

I'm not sure I follow. It seems the OP's question was about 1Password for Mac, but yours is about 1Password for iOS?

Do you have the 1Password Safari extension enabled on iOS?

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.