Wi-Fi Sync Not Working

Options
lescovorro
lescovorro
Community Member

I upgraded to the Pro 1PW via the App store, which may have bee a mistake. Using IOS 8.0.2 on iPhone 6+. I can sync with my main MAC as before, but 1PW can't find my second MAC even though it is on the network. Any ideas?

Comments

• balvenie
    balvenie
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there, same here. :-(

Since 1PW 5.1 WiFi sync does no more work on my iPhone 5. The Mac is no more recognized within 1PW on the iPhone. With 1PW on iPad there's no issue and WiFi sync does still work.

So it seems, that only 1PW 5.1 on iPhone has this WiFi sync issue...

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

In some, not all cases, rebooting your macs and iOS devices can help. If that doesn't, a troubleshooting step you can take is to bypass the router by creating an ad hoc network between your mac and iOS device just to see if they can then see each other.

@balvenie‌ When you say there isn't any problem on your iPad, what version of 1Password and iOS are you running, are they the same as your iPhone or older versions?

• balvenie
    balvenie
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables: Both devices did and do have iOS 8.0.2 installed (current version), but iPad worked and iPhone didn't after installing 1PW 5.1.

@all:
    After that I couldn't sync my iPhone since 10 days (reinstall of 1PW didn't help), I came back today I tried again. Now, surprisingly, the sync works again on my iPhone. 8-)

That's fine, and I'm happy again. ;-) But at the same time I realized an other odd 1Password issue. Since I reinstalled 1PW during the last some days to find a solution, I realized today after the sync was working again, that the sync dialog is much simpler now. In the past I had to hit way to many dialogs/buttons to sync by WiFi.

Since the sync dialog was also to complex on the iPad, I reinstalled 1PW even on my working iPad (again v.5.1). - As a result, the sync dialog is much easier now. 8-/ Strange, isn't it...

CONCLUSION regarding WiFi sync:
    It seams to be worth to reinstall 1Password and re-sync the data if you find your WiFi sync works to complicated... At least it helped to simplify the sync process in my case on both iOS devices.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @balvenie,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get things sorted out! The issue you mention is particularly odd. 5.1 should look the same, no matter how many times you install it. I'm wondering if you may have been on an older version and the reinstall finally kicked you up to 5.1.

In any case, if you're happy, we're happy! I hope that Wi-Fi sync works smoothly for you from now on, but if you have any further questions, you know where to find us. :)

This discussion has been closed.