Chrome bug after updating to 1P Mac 4.4.3 [moved to email]

Options
dude1234
dude1234
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

Hi, I upgraded 1P Mac from 4.4.1 to 4.4.3 a few days ago and now the Chrome browser extension is not working.

When opening a page using 1Pmini in the menu bar, triggering Chrome to open (i.e. app was not running, this is not simply opening a new window), the second tab is created and the site selected using 1Pmini opens. Login details do not populate. When selecting 1Pmini using either mouse or Command+\, 1Pmini does not recognize that the site is loaded and the 1P login entry is not highlighted at the top of the 1Pmini drop-down.

If then finding the login entry within Favorites or Logins, a third tab is opened, site is loaded, and the login details are populated successfully.

If the third tab is not opened, and second tab created by 1Pmini is closed, and then 1Pmini is used to load a site and populate details in the tab appearing when Chrome was initially opened, the process is successful.

If Chrome remains open and a new window is opened later, there are no problems.

This appears to have been introduced with 1P Mac 4.4.3 because this was not an issue until immediately after updating.

Using Chrome Version 38.0.2125.101. I have removed and reinstalled 1P Chrome extension. Problem persists. I am not having this problem in Safari.

I originally submitted an email, but have not received a response.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dude1234,

I'm sorry you're having this problem using 1Password with Chrome after updating to version 4.4.3. In brief testing here, with the same versions of 1Password 4.4.3 and Chrome, I couldn't reproduce what you've reported. If your Mac hasn't been restarted since this trouble began, please do that and let us know if it makes any difference. Can you also mention what the Open URLs in … option under 1Password mini preferences is set to?

I've found your email, added some additional notes to the ticket, and we'll be following up with you more there.

Thanks!

ref: BYU-91395-348

• dude1234
    dude1234
    Community Member
    Options

Hi sjk,

My computer has been shut down or restarted numerous times, and the problem persists. The Open URLs option is configured for New Tab.

Is there anything else I can try?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @dude1234,

I see that you're also receiving help from our team via email. Let's keep the conversation going directly there, and I'll close this topic now, so we don't get things tangled up between here and there. :)

ref: BYU-91395-348

This discussion has been closed.