1P won't start after 4.4.3 upgrade

Options
amarie
amarie
Community Member

Hi, I was running 1Password 4.4.1 (if I recall) just fine on my Mac running 10.9.5. A few days ago I started getting the offer from 1P that there was an update available to 4.4.3. I finally said "yes download and install" last night. This morning. I went to open 1Password and it hung. So I force quit. Then I tried again and got this alert:
http://www.screencast.com/t/LQ2QRw0qx

(Alert says 1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini.) I look, and Mini is no longer in my menu bar. I tried a couple more times, same result ... the alert. The extension is still running in Chrome but it won't open because it says "looking for 1Password app .. this must be installed.")

GAH. Now I have no access to any passwords. What to do? (I did email support@agilebits.com but um I need a couple passwords asap.)

AM

Comments

• Colleen
    Colleen
    Community Member
    Options

I am experiencing the same issue as amarie. After installing 4.4.3 upgrade got the same error msg - failing to connect to 1 Password mini. Application won't respond and have to Force Quit. Click on 1Password icon in Firefox and got same message as amarie again "Can't find 1Password app". Current situation is no access to 1Password and password vault via my MacBook.

• Ptrvw
    Ptrvw
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem. I resorted to uninstalling 1Password using CleanMyMac, downloading 1Password again and reinstalling it.
    Now it is working again.

• Dennis Jarvis
    Dennis Jarvis
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem for me too. I really don't feel like going through a whole process just to get this working again. What a pain in the ass.

• Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear about the trouble! Could you please give this fix a try and let me know how it turns out for you?

• Open your Applications folder.
    • Locate the 1Password 4.app in the list.
    • Drag it to the trash can.

• Please don't use any uninstaller applications, these may remove more than just the application, such as your data. We do not recommend that. We only want to remove the application, none of the extra items.
    • After dragging it to the trash, please empty your trash, then restart your Mac.

• After the restart, please download a fresh copy of 1Password 4 from here: https://agilebits.com/downloads
    • Once downloaded, unzip if necessary and drag it to the Applications folder. Then double click to run it.

I hope that helps! :)

• Dennis Jarvis
    Dennis Jarvis
    Community Member
    Options

This worked, thank you!

• jholdrid
    jholdrid
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem and this solved my problem.

• Imacer
    Imacer
    Community Member
    Options

I have version 4.4.2 if I was to due what you said would I lose all data. I purchased 1Password from Apple app store.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lmacer,

I've responded to your similar post in another thread. I'll copy my response here for any other users who may come across this thread:

If [you are on 4.4.2 and purchased from the Mac App Store], you are using the most up-to-date version of 1Password. The 4.4.3 update was released to webstore users only to fix an error in our updater. Since the updates to the Mac App Store version are handled directly by the Mac App Store, this fix is not necessary for the Mac App Store version.

• Imacer
    Imacer
    Community Member
    Options

Okay understand the update.

• Awesome. Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

• alexgoldenmd
    alexgoldenmd
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem and this fixed it. Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @alexgoldenmd, on Jasper's behalf. Thanks for letting us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.