Master Password won't sync to iPad

Options
RRockley
RRockley
Community Member

I have 1Password4 set up on my iMac, PC (at work), iPhone and iPad Mini (wireless at home). I changed my master password using the iMac. It synched (via Dropbox) to my iPhone and my PC. It won't sync to my iPad, even though the iPad says "synched" a few seconds ago. But the iPad will sync a new login that I create (on PC or Mac) but it will still keep the old master password. How is that possible? What master password is stored on the version at Dropbox?

I'm worried that other things might not be synching. Also, will the earlier (not so good) password open the 1Password file at Dropbox? What do I need to do do get everything to sync?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @RRockley‌

You can see which Master Password is used to unlock the file on Dropbox by logging in there, through 1PasswordAnywhere. Instructions can be found here:

If there is no unique data on the iPad (i.e. No data has been entered there that hasn't synced) you can uninstall the app from your iPad and reinstall it there. This should correct the problem.

Thanks!

Ben

• RRockley
    RRockley
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. The dropbox had the new password.

I'll uninstall and reinstall as you suggest. Thanks for the advice.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RRockley,

This should get you all sorted, but we're here if you have any other questions or concerns.

This discussion has been closed.