Unable to unzip

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to install 1Password after latest update.

Comments

• Joe M
    Joe M
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I am also unable to install 1Password v. 4.4.3 on my MacBook Air running OS 10.9.5. Attempts from within 1Password generate the "Failed to extract application archive" message. Attempts from agilebits.com downloads a zip file that doesn't open when double clicked. What does happen is the appearance of another zip file. And another. And another.

• Hi Joe,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. There are a few reasons the zip file may be turning into a cpgz file when unzipped. It could be a corrupted file, incomplete download, or a bug.

Could you please give this a try:

1. First, try downloading the file again with a different browser. If you downloaded it using Safari originally, try Chrome or Firefox.

2. If that didn't help, try unzipping from the command line.

• Launch Terminal, found in the /Applications/Utilities folder.
      • Find the .zip file in the Finder and have it easily accessible.
      • In Terminal, type cd ~/Downloads then hit the return key.
      • In Terminal, type unzip followed by a space, then drag and drop the .zip file into the Terminal window to automatically enter the full path to that file, then hit the return key.
      • That should unzip the 1Password app into your Downloads folder.
    3. If it's still not unzipping, let's get the MD5 hash of the downloaded .zip file.

• Launch Terminal, found in the /Applications/Utilities folder
      • In Terminal, type md5 followed by a space, then drag and drop the .zip file into the Terminal window to automatically enter the full path to that file, then hit the return key.
      • Please copy and paste the Terminal output after that command and post it here.
  • Joe M
    Joe M
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Jasper. (Sorry for posting in the wrong spot too.) I'll try out these recommendations and let you know what works.

• Joe M
    Joe M
    Community Member
    Options

Originally failed using Firefox. Worked using Chrome. But the download says version 4.4.3. After installing this download, 1Password says it's up to date, but the version is 4.4.2. Huh?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Joe M

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get the version downloaded and installed. It's a bit strange though that you are seeing version 4.4.2 in the About pane. A few questions:

• Do you have both a 1Password app and a 1Password 4 app in your Applications folder?
    • When you look at the details in the About pane (1Password > About) does it say Mac App Store or AgileBits web store?

I suspect that something might be tangled up here, but please let me know what you see!

This discussion has been closed.