PIN wont work im 5.1

Options
stlei
stlei
Community Member

Dear agilebits team,

I have experienced an issue with version 5.1 for iOS with the PIN.

After I have activitated the PIN it works as usual. After turning back I just have to enter the PIN.

After a while (not sure what the cause is) I have to enter ALWAYS the PIN first and than ADDITIONALLY the password.

I have experienced this issue on my iPad Air.

Maybe you can take a look at this. If you have any question please let me know.

Thanks and regards

Stephan

btw: On 5.1.1 beta I couldnt reproduce this issue yet.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for letting us know about this. Please do let us know if it occurs on the 5.1.1 beta.

• stlei
    stlei
    Community Member
    Options

dear bwoodruff,

after a while using 5.1.1 (final) the issue returned for me.

still no good idea how to reproduce it. it might occure after you've entered once a wrong code.

regards

stephan

• Ben
    Options

@stlei‌

I take it your device is not Touch ID enabled?

• stlei
    stlei
    Community Member
    Options

true. its an ipad air which isn't equipped with an AFIS reader.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stlei,

Thank you for confirming that. If you enter an incorrect PIN, you should be asked for the Master Password instead - this is correct behavior.

On the other hand, if you enter the correct PIN but are still asked for the Master Password, that is a known issue and we now have a bug report open for that. We're not sure why it only seems to happen for certain users. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience!

Our developers are working on solving this, although I don't have a timeframe for when a fix will be available. In the meantime, please try turning the PIN Code option Off in the Security settings of 1Password, then turn it back On again. This should hopefully solve the problem, at least temporarily (the issue may come back again).

• stlei
    stlei
    Community Member
    Options

thanks drew. i know it is to a certain extend a feature. already figured out the work around you'd described. good luck for fixing the issue. regards stephan

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stlei I'm glad to hear you figured out the workaround. Hopefully we'll have this solved soon! :smile:

• stlei
    stlei
    Community Member
    Options

dear drew, it seems that the latest update has resolved the issue. thanks and regards

• jmush
    jmush
    Community Member
    Options

I have 1Password for iOS version 5.1.2 on iOS 8.1 on my iPad 3. I am still having this issue. Despite entering the correct PIN, 1Password also requires me to enter the Master Password. This has been going on for at least a month. It is soooooooo annoying :(

• stlei
    stlei
    Community Member
    Options

@jmush: maybe you should try to enable and disable the feature after installing the latest 1P version. it seems that this - at least for me - resolved this very annoying issue. good luck!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for letting us know that worked for you, @stlei.

• jmush
    jmush
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, @stlei‌. Disabling and reenabling has appeared to have permanently solved the issue

• Ben
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update @jmush. :)

This discussion has been closed.