When are you going to fix the iCloud sync for Macs?

Options
idgoddard
idgoddard
Community Member

This is a problem! When I create a password on the iPad or iPhone I cannot access it on the Macs! What do I do? email the passwords? use Dashlink? Help!

Comments

• Hi @idgoddard‌,

Are you using 1Password 5 on your iOS 8 devices? If yes, it is not compatible until 1Password 5 for Mac App Store is released first and we're working to have that out shortly after Yosemite is first released.

Please read this FAQ article to understand what's going on: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios-kb/4/en/topic/cloudkit-faq

If you're using 1Password 4 on your iOS devices, can you tell me which OS X and 1Password version you're using on your Macs?

• idgoddard
    idgoddard
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - I've been tearing my hair out! Yes, I switched my iOS devises to 1Password 5 when it became available. Still using 1Password 4 on OSX. I have now switched all to Dropbox sync, at least until Yosemite is stable.

The frustrating thing was that the iOS devices never showed that they were not syncing. I have two OSX machines and two iOS. They were all set for iCloud sync. 1Dropbox appeared to be syncing on each of them but it took awhile and some experimenting to find that they were not. It only became apparent when information is added or info is changed. They all indicated recent syncing which obviously was incorrect. Was this because the OSX were syncing which each other (and showing recently synced) and not syncing with the iOS (which also were syncing with each other) i.e. everything looked OK but it was not? This does not sound correct but I can't think of another explanation.

• idgoddard
    idgoddard
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, yeah, "1Password" NOT 1Dropbox. Its the meds!!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @idgoddard‌

I sincerely apologize for the trouble here. I don't blame you at all for feeling frustrated about this all.

The frustrating thing was that the iOS devices never showed that they were not syncing. I have two OSX machines and two iOS. They were all set for iCloud sync. 1Dropbox appeared to be syncing on each of them but it took awhile and some experimenting to find that they were not. It only became apparent when information is added or info is changed. They all indicated recent syncing which obviously was incorrect. Was this because the OSX were syncing which each other (and showing recently synced) and not syncing with the iOS (which also were syncing with each other) i.e. everything looked OK but it was not?

It does sound weird, but that's essentially what's happened here. Your Macs were happily syncing to the 'old' iCloud, and your iOS devices were doing their thing with the shiny new iCloud.

Yeah, yeah, "1Password" NOT 1Dropbox. Its the meds!!

My meds must work the same as yours, because I definitely read it as 1Password the first time. ;)

I hope that Dropbox works smoothly for you from now on, but we're here for you if you have any further questions or concerns!

This discussion has been closed.