Running 1Password 3.x concurrent with 1Password 4.x +

Options
James Scott Anderson
James Scott Anderson
Community Member

Is it possible to run 1Password version 3.x with later version of 1Password (yes, for iOS)?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@James Scott Anderson‌ I believe you can run them concurrently, the issue is keeping them in sync (which I'm assuming is what you'd be wanting to do).

I'm going to link you to a post by JasperP.

Basically to run these two different versions on your iOS device in sync you'd need 1Password 3.x for Mac. That will allow WiFi syncing with 1Password 3.x for iOS. I've incorrectly posted elsewhere that you'd need to then use File Sync to keep 1Password 3.x and 4.x for Mac synchronised but re-reading JasperP's post it would seem 1Password 3.x for Mac still works with Dropbox (makes sense I suppose given the Dropbox application for OS X is doing the work and simply presenting it as part of the filesystem). You could then use Dropbox to keep 1Password 3.x for Mac and 1Password 4.x for iOS synchronised.

The older version of 1Password 3.x for Mac is available on their download page but you'll need somebody from AgileBits to help with the licence if this is a long term intention.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @James Scott Anderson‌,

Is there a reason that you want to run 1Password 3 for iOS and 1Password 4 for iOS concurrently? Because they are separate apps, there is no problem having them both installed on your device at the same time. (I've had both 1Password 3 for iOS and 1Password 4 for iOS installed since 1Password 4 for iOS was launched, just so I had version 3 around for testing, and there's never been a problem.)

As @littlebobbytables‌ says though, there is an issue with keeping them both in sync, since 1Password 3 for iOS is no longer able to sync with Dropbox.

This discussion has been closed.