Error message attempting to write to a read-only database

Options
drmcdona
drmcdona
Community Member

I just restored my mac and I have a permissions error when I try to add a new login record. I get a popup message that 1P can't write to a read-only data base but no indication of which data base or how to fix it.

Dave

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@drmcdona‌

Are you using folder syncing ? If so the only thing I could find in the forums was making sure that both Macs do have read and write access to that shared folder.

If its something else please reply and one of the real gurus will get on it. ;)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Dave ( @drmcdona ),

We'll need to take a closer look at your system to determine where things are getting tangled up here. Could you take a screenshot of the error that you're seeing?

I'd also like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Then attach the screenshot and the entire Diagnostics Report file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.