4.4.2 doesn't update iPass file and…

Options
nonsequito
nonsequito
Community Member

I change a password on a site using 1Pass's password maker. It fills both boxes. I close the window, but the 1Pass file itself is not updated…at least the first time. After a few tries, I am asked if I want to update the vault, but it takes a few times. I've noticed this for months, not just with most recent version.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nonsequito‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble updating passwords right now. If you let me know which site 1Password failed to prompt you on, I'd be happy to pass the URL along to our developers so that we can work on improving 1Password's behaviour there in the future.

In the meantime though, when 1Password doesn't prompt you to save, you do have a few options. First of all, when you click 'Fill' 1Password will (by default) copy your freshly generated password onto your clipboard. You can confirm that this feature is enabled by clicking the arrow next to the 'Fill' button: 'Copy to Clipboard Before Filling' should be selected. If 1Password doesn't prompt you to save, all you need to do is open the entry in 1Password and paste the password on your clipboard into the appropriate field.

There's another option as well. Have a look at our Recovering an unsaved password.

I hope this helps!

• nonsequito
    nonsequito
    Community Member
    Options

I believe it was Chase.com. And I tried "copy fill to clipboard," and it worked the second time.

More pressing, for now, is getting 1Pass to sync from iMac to iPad and iPhone. I'm using OS 10.9.5, and iOS 8.0.8. I sync (and have to years, with DropBox. But since the new iOS, I can't get it to sync. I go to the sync menu, tap, and it says "Syncing…" (in blue), and the "Items" line jiggles up and down a bit, but it never gets synced. I have 541 items, and I've waited 10 minutes and more, several times, and it never finishes.

Thanks for the help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nonsequito‌

Let's try resetting sync:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and choose 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync. That should get everything on the same page for sure.

This discussion has been closed.