Network Connections to Cloudfront, etc

Options
Waterford
Waterford
Community Member

Team:
On a not infrequent basis, 1P or 1P Mini will connect to various portals. It does this while in the background, seemingly without my calling for password data. For instance, today 1P connected to troveread.com (points to Amazon) and to cloudfront.net (Amazon again - they are everywhere of course). I assume 1P is updating its icons or urls - what is 1P caching?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Waterford‌

What you are likely seeing is network activity related to the "Use rich icons" setting in 1Password > Preferences > General. Disabling this preference should stop this activity.

Thanks!

• Waterford
    Waterford
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, love the product. Couldn't live without it. But now that I am asking questions...When I signed in to the forum today, I was presented with an option to sign in with my credentials - or with Facebook, Google or OpenID. Since 1P (and everyone else) recommends unique passwords for unique sites, why would you entertain using my google password etc? Seems unorthodox, no?

• Ben
    Options

@Waterford‌

Signing in using Facebook, Google, etc does not give the AgileBits forum your password for that service. You can read more about how some of that works here:

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.