Spider Oak feature request (reopen), also iCloud Drive

Options
eak9000a
eak9000a
Community Member

Hi, I am aware of the old thread from 2011 about Spider Oak. I was wondering if you could address it again, since things may have changed since then. Right now I've got Dropbox installed only for the purpose of using 1Password. I use Spider Oak for everything else. I realize that my 1Password data is encrypted and so the insecurity of Dropbox is not an issue for this particular use, but for everything else, it is an issue, and I would rather not have to have two sync services running. It complicates life. So I would like to reopen the Spider Oak Hive feature request and see whether it is possible here in 2014.

Also, could you answer whether iCloud Drive is an alternative, on Windows? I know that Apple has Windows iCloud Drive support, though I haven't used it. If Spider Oak is not an option, is switching to iCloud Drive viable for syncing between Macs, Windows, and iOS? I would rather not use iCloud Drive for the reason above (too many sync services complicates life), but at least for all the machines other than the Windows one, it is not "extra" software to be maintained.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Also, could you answer whether iCloud Drive is an alternative, on Windows?

Unfortunately it is likely not. We're using CloudKit, not iCloud Drive, for iCloud syncing.

Hi, I am aware of the old thread from 2011 about Spider Oak. I was wondering if you could address it again

It is still one of the solutions we're looking into however we have fairly strict requirements for sync solutions and last I heard Spider Oak did not meet them.

This discussion has been closed.