Hours of frustration trying to get synced from my Mac to BootCamp Windows on the same computer

Options
iotus
iotus
Community Member

I've spent about 2-3 hours total trying to sync my 1password from Mac OSx to my Windows BootCamp installed on the same system.

At first I thought it was a matter of simply syncing through iCloud, as its on the same system and all my products are Apple I figured this would be no problem, as BootCamp is built to work with iCloud. But as it turns out, one does not have access to your iCloud data via BootCamp, so I had to un-sync all my apple devices (i have apple exclusively) and use Drop-Box to sync my Apple devices instead (less than ideal, but i can compromise).

After going through this process (manually typing in 30 digit random passwords on mobile devices and laptop), I get it synced via DropBox, to find out that my PC is being held hostage because I need to buy another version of 1password even though its on the same computer. A bit frustrated, I check the store to see how much MORE this is going to set me back, as I thought I had already purchased a license for the computer, not realizing it was a license for a single operating system install only.

I was slightly relieved to see that you recently have a Win+Mac bundle license, for only a bit more than just my Mac license, and that I can "upgrade" the license. So I click "Upgrade" and it asks me to type in a license key. I never received a license key, as I purchased the apps through the App Store on my Mac. So I type in my email address affiliated with my App Store account, and it tells me that there are no records of my purchase.

I can't find my license anywhere in any of the Help menu items or Preferences panel. Please assist, I have had to invest a significant portion of time into this app just to get it set up.

Ultimately the security is worth it to me, but there are UI pathways that have not been tested or thought-through. Wanted to share my experience and hopefully make it so I can use my BootCamp Windows again, as its currently completely useless without my passwords.

Comments

• Hi @iotus,

Sorry for the trouble!

If you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, we do not have record of it, and you don't receive an AgileBits license. Apps from the Mac App Store are tied to your Apple ID.

With that said, we'd be happy to help you upgrade to the Mac+Windows bundle at the discounted price. Please email support+forum@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and a copy of your Mac App Store receipt for 1Password and we'll be happy to help you out. :)

• iotus
    iotus
    Community Member
    Options

Email request sent, thanks in advance.

Again - loving the function of the software, but as a developer on the Mac platform (with PC testing required as part of my work via BootCamp), it has been very difficult getting my computer and devices configured!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iotus,

We've received your email with the purchase receipt; thanks for sending that in. I'm happy to hear you're liking the software functionality! Someone from our support team will help you with this upgrade and to resolve any configuration issues, if necessary, as soon as possible.

ref: DWQ-78135-615

This discussion has been closed.