1Password Version 4.4.2 (442010) do not start successfully after purchasing the App Store

Options
adriansolis
adriansolis
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I purchased 1password in app store for Mac OS X, 10.9.5 but, when the program starts:

First, appears the  windows welcome and direct back to the window in which require "Master Password" without going to the window where it says:  " I'm new to 1Password" option or " I've used 1Password or before "  which I need because I have the app installed on my iOS devices.

Also I try To uninstall 1Password 4 for Mac:

1. Open 1Password 4 and click 1Password 4 > Preferences > General and uncheck the option to Always keep 1Password Mini running.
  2. Quit 1Password 4 and move the app to the trash.

and reinstalling download from the Purchases section of the Mac App Store, but did not work.

I still no way to access the program

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @adriansolis‌

I apologize for the trouble here, I'll do my best to help you get sorted out here.

If you're seeing the Master Password pane in 1Password, it means that 1Password has located a datafile that has been synced to your computer. You should however, see a message above the Master Password pane that gives you the option to open 1Password with a different datafile or create a new database.

Since you do have 1Password data on your iOS devices, have you tried entering the Master Password that you set up on your iOS devices?

Please note that simply reinstalling the app will not fix this, as your data is stored in a separate location from the main app (this is done so that you don't accidentally delete your database if you delete the app.) Let me know if entering your iOS Master Password helps here, if not, I can provide you the steps to start fresh with 1Password 4 for Mac (but I don't think it will be necessary!)

• adriansolis
    adriansolis
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan, Thanks for your feedback.

Above the Master Password pane not displayed the option to open 1Password with a different datafile or create a new database.

I tried entering the Master Password that I set up on my iOS devices, but, to give login, it remains frozen, I mean, the lock moves but does not indicate any action

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @adriansolis,

I just realized that we haven't yet determined which method of sync you're using! If you're attempting to sync via iCloud from your iOS devices, we're going to run into a bit of trouble here ( read our post here Attention all iCloud users! (Important changes in 1Password 5, OS X 10.10 and iOS 8) for details on why.)

So, let's get this sorted:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • What are you using to keep things in sync?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• adriansolis
    adriansolis
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using:

• Mac: 1Password version 4.4.2 (442010) purchased Mac App Store, on Macbook Pro version 10.9.5, Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

• iOS 8 / iPhone + iPad devices: 1Password version numbers 5.1

• Synchronization: Dropbox

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @adriansolis,

Thanks for those answers to @Megan's questions.

If your Mac hasn't been restarted since you've had this problem with unlocking 1Password, please do that and then try unlocking 1Password again. If it still won't unlock then the next thing to try is creating a new database. This guide has instructions for doing that:

Starting over

Under step 2, make sure to follow the If you use the Mac App Store version of 1Password section. When you reach step 3 and launch 1Password again, please take a screenshot of each window that appears before 1Password is unlocked and your data appears in the main application window (if you're able to get that far). And if you do get stuck unlocking again, please attach each screenshot to a reply here so we can see what led up to that point and have a better idea how to do further troubleshooting.

Let's hope you'll be able to successfully unlock 1Password, of course, and maybe won't even need to take any new screenshots or can toss them in the Trash. :)

• adriansolis
    adriansolis
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @sjk

Sorry to say the process was not successful - I feel we going around in circles -
    I took screenshot of each window and the end I tried entering the Master Password, but to give login it remains frozen, I mean the lock moves but does not indicate any action.

thank you for your recommendations, I to hope that we will manage to do it successfully.!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @adriansolis,

Thanks for giving that a try and posting the screenshots. Sorry it didn't help.

In screenshot 1, it looks like Launchpad is showing 1Password as recently installed/updated. Did you reinstall the application?

Based on screenshot 2, it looks like you went through the starting over guide before reopening the application.

Did you try entering your Master Password after screenshot 4 or 5?

I feel we going around in circles

Seems like that could happen by continuing to troubleshoot here, so let's get more under-the-hood details about your current configuration to help get this figured out and fixed for you more quickly.

To do that, please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.