Cannot autofill password for Dropbox after changing password

Options
GrassFarm
GrassFarm
Community Member

I just finished changing my password for Dropbox and went back to their site to login. When using the autofill for user name/password, the password does not fill in correctly. I manually have to cut and paste the password from 1Password in order to login. To me, it looks like it's still pasting in the old password (less characters than the new one). Any ideas?

Mike

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Mike ( @GrassFarm ),

We have a helpful little article on Changing a saved password. Did you update your Dropbox password in 1Password as well as on the Dropbox site?

• GrassFarm
    GrassFarm
    Community Member
    Options

Megan:

Thank you for your reply.

To answer your question, yes...I changed the password (a few times now) at the Dropbox website and made sure that the correct password is stored in 1Password. When going back to the Dropbox site to login, an incorrect password is autofilled on the login screen.

I have done this several times now (changing the password) and 1Password asks if I want to update the existing login....no problem there. In order for me to login, I have to manually cut the password from 1Password and paste it into the password field.

FWIW, all of my software is up to date. Has anyone else tried to change their Dropbox password?

• GrassFarm
    GrassFarm
    Community Member
    Options

Additionally, if I go to change the password on the Dropbox website and enter command-slash, I receive the error from their site that the current password is invalid. If I cut and paste my password rom 1Password into the current password field, everything works fine.

• GrassFarm
    GrassFarm
    Community Member
    Options

RESOLVED

After changing my password again from/to the same password (manually cutting and pasting into the existing password field at the Dropbox site), everything is now working correctly. Strange.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @GrassFarm,

That is a bit odd. I'm glad to hear things are working for you now ... but if you come across this behaviour again, please let us know immediately and we'll investigate further.

(But I do hope that 1Password behaves properly for you from now on!)

This discussion has been closed.