Issue with Dropbox synch — number of items don't match [resolved through email]

Options
santosha
santosha
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I have more logins on my iPhone than on my Mac. I've identified at least one of the extra logins on my iPhone, and no way no how can I get it onto my Mac. I've tried synching repeatedly. I've disabled synching and reestablished it. I've even renamed the old keychain files and started from scratch (though I haven't uninstalled/reinstalled on the Mac). Mac and iPhone are definitely using the same keychain file, but some logins on iPhone just won't show up on the Mac. What gives?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @santosha,

I'm sorry you have more items in 1Password on your iPhone than on your Mac for some reason. It's not clear yet where things are getting tangled up so let's get a few more details:

• What are the version numbers of both 1Password and your operating systems for your iPhone and Mac?
    • Is the All Items count under Categories in 1Password on your iPhone higher than the All Items count in 1Password on your Mac?
    • How are you looking for the missing items in 1Password on your Mac?
    • If you log in to your Dropbox account, click on the 1Password.html file inside your 1Password.agilekeychain, then enter your Master Password, can you find the missing items there?

Thanks for the answers so we can better help you to locate those missing items!

• santosha
    santosha
    Community Member
    Options

Mac OSX 10.9.5, 1Password 4.4.3; iPhone OS 8.0.2, 1Password 5.1
    Yes. All items count is higher on iPhone (also on a MBA synched to same folder), all attributable to Logins discrepancy
    Looked for missing items by scrolling through Logins with iPhone held up to Mac screen until I found one on iPhone that wasn't on Mac
    The missing item is on the html page, but when I click on it I get two errors. First "error TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'string.replace'); then "An error occurred while processing item 'undefined'."
    Again, this is only an issue on one Mac — an MBA shows the correct count, as does the iPhone.
    Thanks for any help.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for those answers and other information, @santosha.

To get more details without going back and forth more here, I'd like you to create and email us Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Mac: https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

iOS: https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Please send the reports from your Macs to support+forum@agilebits.com and include a link to this topic and your forum username in at least one of them.

A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent these reports also would be helpful. After reviewing them we'll be able to better troubleshooting where the missing items are getting stuck and suggest how to get them synced. Thanks!

• santosha
    santosha
    Community Member
    Options

Reports have just been sent via 2 emails — 1 with reports from Mac Mini/MBA and a separate email from the iPhone.

Note: When I opened the topic the Mac Mini was running OS X 10.9/1Password 4 but I upgraded to Yosemite last night, so now running OS X 10.10/1Password 5, but the issue is still there.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @santosha,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: XXH-44748-855

This discussion has been closed.