Updated to 4.4.3, get spinning beach ball

Options
Nicefellow2
Nicefellow2
Community Member

After downloading from Agilebits website, my installed 4.4.3 update won't open. It shows up in the dock and in main menu bar, but no window opesn, and clicking on any menu item produces spinning beach ball. I'm pretty sure I downloaded my original version from Agilebits rather than the app store. I'm running OS 10.9.5. Thanks.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Nicefellow2,

Sorry you're having trouble getting 1Password 4.4.3 to open. Please restart your system and see if that fixes the problem, if you haven't already tried that. Let us know if you're still stuck and we'll do more troubleshooting. Thanks!

• Nicefellow2
    Nicefellow2
    Community Member
    Options

Hi sjk, I've already tried a restart, sadly to no avail. I tried reinstalling, too, also to no avail. Have reverted to 4.4.1, which is currently working great. Not sure how to proceed from here. Thanks for your time!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Nicefellow2‌

I'm sorry to hear that restarting didn't get things sorted out. Now, 4.4.3 does need to be manually installed, but I'm surprised to hear that reinstalling didn't get things sorted out for you!

Here are the steps that have allowed most users to upgrade to v4.4.3:

• Use ⌘⌃Q ( Command-Control-Q ) to quit both 1Password and 1Password Mini
    • Download a fresh copy of 1Password 4 for Mac from our downloads page
    • Once the download finishes, drag the app into your Applications folder and replace the existing version.

Maybe give this one more try, then if you're still having difficulties, we'll need to dig a bit deeper with a Diagnostics Report to see where things are getting tangled up.

This discussion has been closed.