Im having trouble transferring files from my 1password 3.7.2 to 1password 5

any idea please

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Hannah Rica Fajardo

To better assist you you'll probably need to describe where things are going wrong. To help, here's a link to AgileBits' guide regarding transitioning from 3.7.2 to 1Password 5. Assuming this is what you've been following, at what point does it diverge from the expected behaviour?

• Hannah Rica Fajardo
    Options

I'm using iPhone 5s OS 8.0.2 I already tried the guide but result it is not same as the picture there's no pop up like this in the picture

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Hannah Rica Fajardo

It looks like you've included screenshots from the guide here. Could you please take a screenshot of what you're seeing? There are instructions on how to take a screenshot here: http://take-a-screenshot.org/. Simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

• Hannah Rica Fajardo
    Hannah Rica Fajardo
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I follow the instructions but after I click and follow the instructions till open

1password 3 and it open then I type the lock code to open
    the 1pw3 it just open... it supposed to have a window like this picture in a 1pw5 guide. I can't take my own picture like this because after I type the lock code of 1pw3 it just open and no selection at all...like this

no selection import to a new 1pw

• Shallana Lynn Edwards
    Shallana Lynn Edwards
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Ok...I figured it out!!! YAY! It has to do the passwords. It doesn't want the number combination that was used in version 3 it wants my Master password...the one I used to lock the logins that I want additional security for. It's not clear because I kept entering my 4-digit password code and it didn't work. Things have imported now.

• Hannah Rica Fajardo
    Options

not working to me..help me..

• MrRooni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Good morning, Hannah. I chatted with one of my colleagues who is more familiar with importing from version 3. What most likely happened is that at some point in the past you saw the dialog we're expecting and you tapped Do not ask again, which is why you're not seeing it anymore. The only way to solve this is to backup your 1Password 3 data to your computer, delete 1Password 3 from your phone, reinstall 1Password 3, restore your backup and run the importer again.

You can find instructions for doing the backup and restore here: https://help.agilebits.com/1Password_touch/backup.html

Let me know if you need any other help or if there's anything else I can help you with.

• Hannah Rica Fajardo
    Options

yes I remember maybe I accidentally push the botton DONT ASK AGAIN....last week I had problem with my computer and I reinstall my MacBook pro and install again the 1password on my Mac the version is latest I can't install the oldest version on Mac

I'm using the latest 1password on my Mac .. I try to sync my data from 1PW3 to Mac it won't sync.. the processes syncing data to older Mac 1pw is different from the newest version of 1PW on Mac...

I also try to sync thru Dropbox but I tried many time to enter the correct email and password of my Dropbox even it is the right information it says...

is there's a ways to download the older version of 1PW on Mac and use it to sync the data from 1PW3

• Good morning, Hannah. Unfortunately 1Password 3 is no longer compatible with Dropbox. At this point I believe your best bet is to follow my instructions above and backup your 1Password 3 data, delete and reinstall 1Password 3, restore its data, and then migrate it to the latest 1Password for iOS that way.

This discussion has been closed.