How to copy/move items between multiple vaults on iPad ?

Options
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Community Member

The "Share>Copy" feature between vaults in 1P for Mac is a great organizational tool.

Is there a way to do this on the iPad ?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Lamplighter‌

There is not, currently, but thanks for the suggestion!

• Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

My question is: what is the difference in iOS "Share Login" methods of "Mail Login" and "Mail as plain text".
    That is, do they serve a different function in 1Password, or one method or the other used for items in certain Catagories ?

By trial and error, I've managed to do the "Share>Copy" thing on my iPad.

By using the "Share Login" functions, I've choosen Mail Login to my own email address. I then used Settings to change 1P5's focus over to the desired "destination" vault. Upon opening the mail Inbox and clicking the blue "Add ..." button, the Login Item is appropriately added to the destination vault.

It's more tedious than on 1P for the Mac, but it does seem to work ! (I just have to remember to go back and delete the msgs from my Inbox)

• @Lamplighter‌ Nice workaround! Clearly it's not as seamless as we'd want, but it's cool that it works. As per the difference between Mail Login and Mail as plain text, mailing the login will send an obfuscated version of the login using a URL scheme that 1Password understands which allows it to be easily opened by 1Password on other platforms. The plain text version of sharing a login is just that, it's the straight up username and password along with any other information in the login. It's important to note that neither of these methods are encrypted, the obfuscated version is marginally safer than sending it in plain text.

This discussion has been closed.