Can't Remove Old iCloud Data [Resolved]

Options
T632es2M8U
T632es2M8U
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

Since upgrading to Yosemite and iOS 8, I've decided to give iCloud syncing another try in 1Password. Today I followed the AgileBits guide to deleting 1Password data from iCloud in iOS 8. After that, I enabled iCloud sync from 1Password on my iOS 8 device. I then went to 1Password on Yosemite and enabled iCloud sync. However, it presents me with a merge dialogue saying there's a vault from June 2014 stored in iCloud.

Any help in completely clearing iCloud and then syncing would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• T632es2M8U
    T632es2M8U
    Community Member
    Options

Further info:

If I use Terminal to navigate to ~/Library/Mobile Documents/ and list the directory contents, I can see the AgileBits directories containing this old data. I just can't delete them. This is the only place the old data is visible to me.

• T632es2M8U
    T632es2M8U
    Community Member
    Options

Resolved this one on my own.... I think. I hope.

In order to successfully delete the files using the CLI in Terminal, I had to disconnect my Mac from the Internet. Once it could no longer sync, I was able to successfully delete the old AgileBits data folders. After this, I could open 1Password on my Mac and not be prompted to merge with the old data.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @T632es2M8U‌ ,

I'm so glad to hear that you found a solution here - I'm sorry that we couldn't get to you in time to be of any help!

Since this particular issue is resolved, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

I hope that 1Password works smoothly for you from now on though!

This discussion has been closed.