iCloud No longer available from iMac/1Password V5 [Resolved - switch to Dropbox]

Options
Tom F
Tom F
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I just upgraded to Yosemite on my iMac and all my other devices are running iOS8. I am running (downloaded from Agile site and not App store) V5.0.1 for my iMac and and running V5.1 on my iOS devices. On my iMAC version no longer have the option to do sync via iCloud but I do see it available on the iOS devices? So, help!!!! When will the feature be available or if it is what do I need to do?
Loved the ability to use iCloud (guess it is now called Cloud Drive).

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry for any confusion, Tom. The short version is that the web store version of 1Password 5 for Mac can no longer use iCloud. Please be sure to read the complete details here, though:

Web Store and iCloud FAQ

There you will find not only an explanation of what has changed but also some different options for resolution.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• Tom F
    Tom F
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I saw that but then I saw several other posts, discussions that seem to indicate the it works but maybe it's for those who got the software from the App Store and not direct from Agile. So right now if I understand the only options is Dropbox and Wi-Fi - correct? Should I uninstall the Agile purchased solution, download the App Store version to be able to use iCloud sync or will that only make it more confusing?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Personally, I would (and do) use Dropbox to sync. That would be the simplest option. :)

• Tom F
    Tom F
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Tom F

I'm so glad to hear that @khad's suggestion helped.

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.