No vault found by Safari extension under Yosemite

Options
xumbar
xumbar
Community Member

I've never used 1Password before.

I first installed 1Password 5 on my iOS 8 device a little while back and setup a vault, which I presume was saved to iCloud. Yesterday, I installed Yosemite on my Mac and purchased 1Password 5 from the App Store. I was able to open my previously created vault successfully in the app and in the mini app. However, the label in the Safari extension says "(null) Vault" and when I enter my master password it says "There is no vault. Please open 1Password app". When I do that, the result is the same.

I suppose the extension is looking for a non-existent local vault on my computer.

Is there a fix for this problem?

Comments

• xumbar
    xumbar
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan, you said "Version 4.2.4 is the latest version of the extension and it should work just fine with 1Password 5."

I've never used 1Password before. I first installed 1Password 5 on my iOS 8 device and setup a vault, which I presume was saved to iCloud. Then, I installed Yosemite on my Mac and purchased 1Password 5 from the App Store. I was able to open my previously created vault successfully in the app and in the mini app. However, the label in the Safari extension says "(null) Vault" and when I enter my master password it says "There is no vault. Please open 1Password app". When I do that, the result is the same.

I suppose the extension is looking for a non-existent local vault on my computer.

Is there a fix for this problem?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @xumbar‌

(I've merged your duplicate post into one thread so that we can keep this conversation in one place ... and so that we don't end up trying to help you twice!) :)

Thanks for choosing 1Password to keep your digital life secure and organized! I'll do what I can to get this straightened out as soon as possible for you.

I first installed 1Password 5 on my iOS 8 device and setup a vault, which I presume was saved to iCloud.

One of the great things about 1Password is that you have complete control over your data. This means that your data is never stored anywhere other than your device unless you specify so. If you would like to sync your data to iCloud, you'll need to set up sync on your iOS device. We've got a user guide article that can help you through the process:

Sync with iCloud

Our User Guides and Knowledgebase can also help you set up 1Password 5 for Mac so that it is syncing to this vault in iCloud. When you set up 1Password 5 for Mac, did you use the same Master Password as you did for your iOS devices?

If so, you should be able to enable sync by going to Preferences > Sync and selecting iCloud. Please be sure that iCloud Drive is enabled on all devices, and that you are logged in with the same AppleID on all computers and devices.

I hope this gets you set up, but if you have any further questions or concerns, we're here for you!

• xumbar
    xumbar
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @Megan,

1Password on my iOS device is synced to iCloud, so is 1Password on the Mac. iCloud Drive is also enabled everywhere. I just checked, and I didn't have to make any changes. I use the same AppleID on all computers and devices and I used the same master password.

Still no joy.

To be clear, 1Password 5 on my Mac and on my iOS device have been syncing to the same vault in iCloud. It is the 1Password Safari extension that is unable to locate this vault.

By the way, I just tried the beta version of the extension, but it doesn't work either.

• xumbar
    xumbar
    Community Member
    Options

An update.

I tried quitting Safari and then opening it up again to see if that would help, but it didn't.

Then I tried restarting my Mac (it hadn't been restarted since the Yosemite installation process completed). That seemed to do the trick. The (beta) extension works now.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@xumbar‌

Thanks for updating the thread.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @xumbar,

I'm so glad to hear that things are working well for you (finally). It's amazing what a re-boot can do some days ... I need to remember to do this more frequently on my own system! :)

This discussion has been closed.