Touch ID not prompting for extension use

Options
Alex Parker
Alex Parker
Community Member

i saw a few discussions back in September, but nothing recent. When I access the app, Touch ID prompts me as normal, but I have to use the master password when I access it through the extension.

I'm on The latest release for iOS8 and I saw mention of a timeout in previous discussions, but mine is set to 10 minutes.

Comments

• Good afternoon, Alex! Sorry for the trouble you're running into with Touch ID in the 1Password Extension. There are a couple of things you can try to jog this into working. The first one is to disable Touch ID and then reenable it (I recommend enabling Lock on Exit before taking these steps):

1. Launch 1Password, tap on Settings > Security and disable Touch ID.
    2. Click the home button to get back to the springboard.
    3. Double click your device's home button and swipe 1Password off the top of the screen to kill it.
    4. Launch 1Password and reenable Touch ID.
    5. Click the home button and then tap on the 1Password icon again. You should be prompted for Touch ID.
    6. Switch over to Safari and bring up the extension. You should also be prompted for Touch ID there as well.

Let me know how that works out for you. There are some more steps we can take if that doesn't do the trick.

This discussion has been closed.