Does version of Safari Extension matter in regard to "Always submit"?

Options
drneutrino
drneutrino
Community Member

Recently purchased 1PW 5.0.1. Installed onto iMAC running YOSEMITE. Previous installation of 1PW trial.
The Safari extension from Apple site, Agilebits site and from the 5.0.1 ZIP files are all different dates and sizes?

One dowloaded with 1PW 5.0.1 is "1Password-4.2.2.safariextz”
Apple from within SAFARI is a later version 1Password-4.2.4.safariextz
Agilebits site is yet another version 4.2.3?
Which one goes with 5.0.1?? Does it matter?

I'm having all sorts of problems with EVERY login that used to work in the trial version.
The Browser Extensions checkbox “Automatically Submit logins after filing” IS checked.
In order to work it either requires me to explicitly edit each to “Always Submit” or alternatively call up that mini 1PW menu and run the script again.
This was not happening when I had the previous version.

Rather than edit every login I've entered in the last two days, Id like to know if there is another workaround?

The program is MARVELOUS and not having to remember and generate zillions of passwords in my head will be a huge relief!!!!

Comments

• drneutrino
    drneutrino
    Community Member
    Options

It seems that reinstalling Safari Extension, changing 1PW preferences check box and then restarting both 1PW and SAFARI has fixed this issue.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

I am running Yosemite on my Mac, and just purchased the MAS version of 1Password. Safari extensions are installed but every time I go to 1Pmini the first thing it shows is "add safari extension". I have uninstalled the extension and reinstalled it but still the same thing is happening. Also, if I open safari and type www.facebook.com for instance, in the past when I have gone to 1Pmini to fill in the user details, the 1Pmini has intuitively known I was on the Facebook page and already had the Facebook login loaded for me to click. Now I have to retype in 1Pmini what I'm looking for. Can anyone suggest a) how to stop 1Pmini asking me to install safari extensions, and b) how to link 1Pmini to safari so that it knows which login I'm looking for. I am regretting purchasing for a second time 1Password. The Agilebits version using Dropbox sync has worked flawlessly, but now I have the MAS version using iCloud sync and I'm having all sorts of issues. It seems I can only sync one vault using the MAS version with iCloud sync.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@iamecho‌

As to iCloud sync yes only one vaults can be synced via iCloud. Its often requested but not yet.

Can you check your menu bar and see if you have 2 mini apps running, sounds like you may have an older one and a newer one ? Do you have 2 versions of 1Password on your system ?

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@thightower‌ Thanks for your quick response. I did have 2x mini apps running but after a reboot there is only one. I use Command Spacebar mostly to launch 1Password & when I do it shows 1Password mini as an "application" - see attached screenshot, but if I go Finder>Applications I only see 1Password. Bottom line ... I think it's all set now. One thing though ... this "dark mode" I keep reading about ... I have looked everywhere in settings for it but I don't see it. It wasn't on the AgileBits version either.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@thightower‌ Sir, may I ask you one more thing? This morning I migrated from the AgileBits version to the MAS version and changed my sync from DropBox to iCloud. I am just going through security audit and changing a few passwords. Once I log on to the website in order to change the password, once I have filled in my old password, and gone to the password generator to select a new password, 1Password no longer gives me the option to update existing password. Instead, the password is changed and the new password is stored in the password category. Is this a setting I need to change? I do mind going into the Password category to select the newly created on, copying it, and then going to the website I just changed and pasting it in .. but it never used to be that much work! 1Password would simply give me the option to update existing password. Any thoughts on that if you have a second ? Thanks.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@iamecho‌

That sounds like a bug in the apple launcher, it should not be trying to launch multiple instances of 1Password mini. You should be always using the one that says specifically 1Password. It may take a little training to get it to recognize it at first rather than the mini.

@megan @sjk or other admin, not sure if this can be added in a bug report to Apple. Seems like something can be done to prevent helper apps from being listed.

As far as dark mode you enable it in system presences > general : user dark menu bar and dock.

Once I log on to the website in order to change the password, once I have filled in my old password, and gone to the password generator to select a new password, 1Password no longer gives me the option to update existing password. Instead, the password is changed and the new password is stored in the password category.

I have seem the same behavior, a few times myself. I don't know if it can be helped. I know work is constantly being done on the extension. Maybe one of the admins can also mention this. I am using the beta of the extensions for the record.

Also do remember that a copy of the generated password is stored inside 1Password. What I have had to do is find that record and manually copy the password over to the login.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @thightower‌ for your help & assistance. I will closely follow this thread incase @Megan‌ or @sjk‌ have a solution or suggestion.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iamecho,

Since you've migrated from the webstore version to the Mac App Store version, I'm thinking something got tangled up in the process. Let's take a closer look at your system to see figure out what's up:

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @megan - thank you for this - before I do the diagnostic report I noticed it says "1Password 4 for Mac (OS X 10.8 or 10.9)" - I am running 10.10, will it still be okay to use that link you provided? Also, how do I provide "a link to this thread" in my email with the diagnostic report? Many thanks for your attention to this matter.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@megan Hi Megan - I have emailed a diagnostic report as requested as per discussion above.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iamecho,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: YMR-54517-519

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@megan THANK YOU Meg, very much.

This discussion has been closed.