Button says "Trial Expired" but I bought 1Password at App Store

Options
Thomas_A
Thomas_A
Community Member

I just upgraded to OS X Yosemite and updated 1Password via the App Store. (It looks fantastic, by the way!) Then I noticed the "Trial Expired" button at the top right of the 1Password window. I clicked it and was taken to the Agile Bits page to enter a license code. I don't have one since I bought 1Password at the App Store.

Is this just a bug, or do I not understand the software license?

Comments

• gairlochan
    gairlochan
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem since using the Yosemite Beta. Is there any solution to it, other than going back to Mavericks temporarily?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Is it possible you still have two copies of 1P5 on your machine (perhaps the beta and now a release version)? If so, you need to remove the beta. If you have any trouble this knowledge base article about migrating to the Mac App Store version may help.

Stephen

• tyrotex
    tyrotex
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I have the same problem. I did not use the 1P5 beta, only the MAS version of 1P4. I just used the normal Software Update after installing Yosemite.
    I have only one copy of 1P in my Applications folder, so the instructions that Stephen_C linked to do not apply.
    I can read my 1P vault entries, but cannot edit them. Why has my MAS license not transferred?
    Please help.

NVM - I have found the problem. I installed Yosemite onto a separate partition and migrated all my apps from the Mavericks partition. I did this so that I could easily revert to Mavericks if necessary.

This caused the 1P4 1Pmini from my old partition (diagonal key icon in menu bar) to load instead of the mini for 1P5 (round lock icon). It seems this was confusing 1P5, hence the licensing "issue".

All I did to correct it was to use the instructions from Stephen_C's linked article to quit both 1P & 1Pmini (hold ctrl while clicking on "1Password" in the menu bar). I then restarted 1P5, which in turn started the 1p5 mini. The "Trial Expired" button is gone and I can edit my entries. This behaviour has survived a reboot, so it all looks good now.

I hope this helps someone else who chose a similar Yosemite upgrade path.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tyrotex, thanks for taking the time to let us know how that all worked out for you! That certainly might be helpful to others in a similar situation.

This discussion has been closed.