Multiple vault and icloud sync

Options
dknopper
dknopper
Community Member

Hi, I've been using 1Password for a couple weeks now (Mac with Yosemite and an iphone 6 and ipad, both on IOS8). I want to have my wife's Mac use 1Password as well. Two questions that I can't seem to find clear answers on:
1) Can we "share" the same vault (since we often use the same logins) or does she need to have a separate vault on her Mac?
2) Can we keep the two vaults in sync using icloud sync, even though we are on separate apple ID's? If not, how can we keep in sync without using Dropbox? Or is that required? We are on the same wifi network if that helps.
Thanks!

Comments

• scooter133
    scooter133
    Community Member
    Options

If you have Network Storage at home you could place the file there and then Sync to Folder. Though that would make it difficult to get to from the iOS Devices. It looks like you can only iCloud Sync the Primary Vault with iCloud. My Wife and I use the same Apple ID, so its not an Issue.

• You should be able to share the same vault, yeah. Your best bet for this kind of situation would be to use a shared dropbox folder, or as @scooter133 mentioned, some type of network storage and folder sync.

Unfortunately iCloud won't be an option since it requires that all devices use the same Apple ID.

Here is how I would go about setting it up:

• Make sure each user has a Dropbox account
    • Create a shared folder in Dropbox
    • Setup 1Password on each person's main computer
    • Add a secondary vault, set to sync to the shared folder in Dropbox

This way each user can have their own set of passwords that they may not want to share (stored in their primary vault, which can be sync'ed however they wish to their other devices), and each user can have their own master password. But you can then save passwords into the shared secondary vault.

This discussion has been closed.