"Trial Expired"???

Options
CharPatton
CharPatton
Community Member

Hi: I've used your great program for a quite awhile with no issues. However, i Just upgraded to Yosemite and 1PW v5.0 and it now says Trial Expired. How do I get rid of this message and restore full functionality? Thank you!

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CharPatton,

I've resent your 1Password license information to the email address it was purchased with, which differs from the one you're registered with on the forum. After you've got it, follow steps for adding a license to 1Password. All of your 1Password data will still be there.

Please let us know if email with your license didn't arrive so we can get this sorted out for you. Thanks!

• iamamonster
    iamamonster
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I have the exact same issue. Should I email you or can we take it from here?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Just re-add your 1P4 licence to 1P5. You should find it under the software licences in 1P5. Drag it to the desktop then re-add it to 1P5. If you don't have your licence you can ask AgileBits to re-send it to you.

Stephen

• iamamonster
    iamamonster
    Community Member
    Options

I did start with a normal licens some years ago but now I´m on an App Store version (version 5 as of today). Thus I´m not sure how to add a licens to this App Store version.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The app store version does not require a licence. Are you sure you don't have some other version (and old beta maybe) on your Mac (possibly in the Trash) or on any disk connected to it?

Stephen

• iamamonster
    iamamonster
    Community Member
    Options

I did try your beta version at some point - I decided to go with the App Store version for convenient reasons. And it is the App Store version I use - it also says so in the About window. If there could be any settings files etc laying around confusing the App Store app, just guide me to where they would be.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Do you have more than one 1P app in your Applications folder? There must be an application file for the beta still somewhere on your machine or on a disk connected to it.

(Incidentally, I'm not from AgileBits - just an ordinary mortal like you. :) )

Stephen

• iamamonster
    iamamonster
    Community Member
    Options

I only get 1 occurrence of the file both when looking inside the App folder and the same with Spotlight. I´ll send AgileBits an email. Thanks for the effort anyway!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iamamonster,

I haven't found any email from you yet, from the address you're registered with on this forum. If you did send that, can you drop me a private message with the address it's from?

It would also be useful if you send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would be helpful.

After examining the report we'll be able to get this sorted out for you quicker. Thanks in advance!

• mworthington42
    mworthington42
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. I'll do as you indicate in case you need another example.

• Tom Harrison
    Tom Harrison
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi -- I was also seeing the Trial Expired message. I was able to resolve the problem.

I have used 1P for a long time, pre-app store, then moved to the App Store version some time ago. I had deleted the older (Agilebits-direct) version from the Applications folder.

Last weekend I upgraded to Yosemite from Mountain Lion. Today (Weds) I noticed an indicator in the app indicating Trial Expired -- it may have been there since I installed Yosemite, don't know. I was getting no popups or anything annoying.

I found this thread and confirmed that I had no other versions installed. I did have a folder in dropbox called 1Password that had my older version's keychain and data -- found just with a search in Finder for "1Password". I also followed the directions from @sjk above in post #10 and ran the diagnostic utility. There were three tabs having options to fix permissions and so on, and I just went ahead and did each of them and quit 1Password (and 1Password mini).

And lastly, I emptied my trash. This took a very long time, and (being pretty regular about emptying trash) I am pretty sure that Trash was used to hold the files from the previous version of the OS ... and possibly a prior version of 1P. This is just speculation ... but given the number of people who seem to have the problem, maybe it's the root cause?

In any case, having done all of these things, my version 5 of 1P from the App Store is now running just fine and has no Trial Expired button.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mworthington42,

We received your email with the report; thanks for sending that in. If you're still having this problem, please try restarting your system and that should resolve it. Let us know if that doesn't help and we'll continue troubleshooting through email. Thanks!

ref: KXD-22474-351

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Tom,

Thanks for taking time to post details for how you resolved this problem. It's possible a system restart may have been enough, although there are some instances where it isn't. I'm happy you found a solution that worked. :)

• AlexNZ
    AlexNZ
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi there, I have the same issue as OP (Although the app on my iPhone seems fine, looks like it's only on Yosemite that I get the trial message). Can you please advise? Thank you very much.

• turgi
    turgi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there. I have the same problem with Yosemite..

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@AlexNZ @turgi‌ please say whether you're using the Mac App Store or the AgileBits store version of 1P5. If it's the AgileBits store version have you tried:

1. Re-adding your version 4 licence. (If you don't know how to do that or don't still have the licence please post again.)
    2. Checking whether you have more than one version of 1P5 installed on your Mac?

Stephen

• tonecaster
    tonecaster
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same problem here. Running "1Password 5 Version 5.0.2 (502007)
    Agile Web Store" I've restarted, with no luck. Only one version of the app on my drive, with the 1Password.agilekeychain stored in my Dropbox.

• Mori
    Mori
    Community Member
    Options

HI, i'm having the same trouble. I used an email link to resend the license information. However the return email included software keys, not the license file that the program seems to need. Could you please send me a file? My account information is the same as my forum email address.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mori‌

I've checked and I can only find a licence for 1Password 3 for yourself. 1Password 3 did indeed use a licence key rather than a licence file so that explains your email. 1Password 4 was a paid upgrade from 1Password 3 so unless you purchased the upgrade on a different email address or you have purchased 1Password from Apple's Mac App Store it doesn't seem like you have a 1Password 4 licence. Are you sure you've purchased 1Password 4 at some point?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tonecaster‌

Have you tried re-applying your licence file?

In your case I'd try simply reapply your existing licence file and see if that sorts out the blip. If you don't have the original email or licence file then you can request it to be resent via this page.

For 1Password 4/5 you will need to download your licence file from a link in the email and it should look a little like this:

1Password 5 for Mac

Name: littlebobbytables

Download: https://agilebits.com/downloads

Register: With 1Password downloaded, click here to automatically add your license

Notes:

No link? Link not working? View the complete installation steps.

Obviously I've stripped out the last two links as those are unique to the licensee. If you're viewing the email from within googlemail at all you may very well find the second URL is stripped out - thank you gmail :\

The second or third link though should allow you to download your licence file so while we haven't attached the licence file, the information needed to obtain it should be contained within.

If you're still having troubles post back here and we can look into it more for you.

• Mori
    Mori
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, i'm sure I bought an upgrade because i've been using 1password for years. I've never seen a license problem notification until today. It's possible that I bought it on a different account but I can't find any reference to it in any of my email accounts. I'm not sure what I can do about it at this point.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@Mori‌

Send support an email with your email addresses they can look in the database for matching entries. support+license@agilebits.com

Alternatively did you purchase from the Mac App Store ?

• Mori
    Mori
    Community Member
    Options

Thightower, I just sent the email, thank you for helping. Could I somehow have been using it all these years on a 1Password 3 license? It seems unlikely but I can't think of any other explanations. Worst case scenario i'll just buy a new upgrade. Thanks for your help though.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@Mori‌

Very doubtful on the v3 license unless you were actually running v3. Could that be possible ? Yes

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mori‌

I tried looking for a ticket originating from your forum email address but couldn't find one. If you feel comfortable messaging me here on the forums with the email address you sent your ticket from I'll reference this thread and we'll see what we can do about helping you out.

• Mori
    Mori
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, my support ticket is [#KDJ-98779-779]. I was definitely running v4, and then v5. It's very strange.

• AlexNZ
    AlexNZ
    Community Member
    Options

@Stephen_C Hi there,
    I have the AgileBits store version and I don't know how to get the licence file. Can you please help?

Cheers
    Alex

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AlexNZ‌

Please see my post #21 for a link to our licence page where you can submit your email address used when you purchased 1Password 4 or 5. If the email address supplied matches our records we will send your licence out to that same address. Hopefully you find a quick resolution.

• AlexNZ
    AlexNZ
    Community Member
    Options

@ittlebobbytables, that didn't work, I ended up buying a new licence...

• gkostera
    gkostera
    Community Member
    Options

I purchase 1 password 4 from AgileBits site, then let it load the beta releases for the past few months, now it is saying my license is expired. Your site is saying there is no match for my email address. Not sure what to do.

This discussion has been closed.