1Password 5 for Mac OSx Yosemite

Options
Daniel Patton
Daniel Patton
Community Member

Dear AgileBits & Experienced Users,

I am contemplating upgrading my MacBook Air currently running OSx Mavericks to eleventh major release of Apple's OSx Yosemite probably by the end of October, as recommended on LifeHacker, because Apple's servers are obviously being inundated with requests at the moment.

I want to purchase a copy of 1Password 5 for Yosemite. I use the pro-version of 1Password 5 on my iPhone 4 (previously purchase in the iOS App Store for $49.99AUD) and currently have access to all the pro-features like iCloud sync. I'd like to have the similar iCloud sync capability in 1Password 5 for the Mac.

I live in Melbourne Australia. The price for 1Password 5 in the Australia Mac App Store is $43.99 AUD. AgileBits is currently selling the website version for $34.99USD. Which version should I buy and, given there is a free download available on the AgileBits website, should I download the free website version? Is the free website version actually a 30 day trial version?

So, basically, my question is:

Should I buy 1Password 5 for Mac in the AgileBits online store or in the Mac App Store? What version has the most features?
Is there a free version of 1password 5 for Mac? I've been using 1Password 4 on the Mac for free during the last two years.

Thanks,

Daniel

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Daniel, I'll give you some preliminary answers, even though I'm not AgileBits.

For differences between AgileBits store and Mac App Store versions of 1P5 have a look at this knowledge base article. The critical point is that you need to buy from the Mac App Store if you want to use iCloud sync. That is not supported in 1P5 from the AgileBits store.

You can download 1P5 from the AgileBits store and run it as a trial version for 30 days. If you then wanted to buy the Mac App Store version you'd need to look at this knowledge base article about how to migrate from one to the other. (There's no free trial of the Mac App Store version because Apple doesn't support free trials.)

I hope someone from AgileBits will chime in about the apparent difference between the Mac App Store and AgileBits store versions in Australia because I've no idea why that's happening. All I can say is that AgileBits are remarkably fair about pricing so may well be able to resolve that for you in some way if there's no real reason for it.

I hope that helps as a starter!

Stephen

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Daniel. It looks like you have received some good guidance from @Stephen_C‌ regarding your questions about the differences between the MAS and AgileBits webstore apps themselves. As far as the pricing issue goes, please contact us directly at support+forum@agilebits.com, and we will see what we can do to help you out.

This discussion has been closed.